Demystifying american expats rants

lol.

So it was used and from like from 10 seasons ago ?

Nice, at least you can say it's a Zegna. ;)

* lol. I just looked on ebay to see what kind of stuff goes for 15 bucks. ewwwwww.

AlexfromLA said:
lol.

So it was used and from like from 10 seasons ago ?

Nice, at least you can say it's a Zegna. ;)

NWT= New With Tags. Two button-double vent.

Retail: at least $1200 USD.

steveinbsas said:
NWT= New With Tags. Two button-double vent.

You know alot of that stuff is fake and they can put new tags on anything right ?

Not saying your wasn't new or was a fake but we are talking ebay here. I just really have to wonder when something is marked down 1000 % .

im talking about the stuff you bought on ebay.*

AlexfromLA said:
You know alot of that stuff is fake and they can put new tags on anything right ?

Not saying your wasn't new or was a fake but we are talking ebay here. I just really have to wonder when something is marked down 1000 % .

It wasn't marked down from retail. It was donated. And I said I bought it at a Salvation Army Red Shield store, not on ebay. It would have easily sold for $200 or more on ebay. The Friday half price sale applied to all clothes in the store the day I bought it.

I owned a designer resale menswear store in Chicago. I can usually spot a fake, especially when the quality of the fabric isn't up to the standards of the name on the label. I did buy two used Zegna sport coats on ebay in 2008. They were both up to date style-wise, but were not cashmere and I paid about for $100 each of them. They appeared to be genuine as well.

Ironically, ten to fifteen years ago, Penny's best suits and sport coats (Stafford) were quite impressive for the price points (up to $200). I have no idea what they have to offer now.

steveinbsas said:
]I can usually spot a fake, especially when the quality of the fabric isn't up to the standards of the name on the label.

The seams are also good indicators. Quality clothing have flat, smooth seams. Knockoffs' seams pucker.

AlexfromLA said:
Haha,

Where on earth would you wear Zegna in Argentina ? No seriously ?

Alex, if you don't know where to wear Zegna in Argentina, you are not moving in the right circles for the owner of all those "upscale" rental properties.

Try to get invited to the Jockey Club.

SaraSara said:
Personally, I'd rather have french fries at the local MacDonalds than escargots at a five-star restaurant in France.

a restaurant can only have 3 (michelin) stars but oh what I would give to go to only a 1 star restaurant right now :D
what comes closest here in BA is La Bourgogne... close, but not quite the same.

Lol,

Did you read my edit ? I meant the ebay stuff. the $ 15 ties.

I am sure the Salvation Army stuff was legit, since as you said it was donated.

I'm just really wondering about the ties as they usually go for $ 200-$ 300 each. $ 15 bucks sounds too good to be true that's all.

Either way you have good taste.

steveinbsas said:
It wasn't marked down from retail. It was donated. And I said I bought it at a Salvation Army Red Shield store, not on ebay. It would have easily sold for $200 or more on ebay. The Friday half price sale applied to all clothes in the store the day I bought it.

I owned a designer resale menswear store in Chicago. I can usually spot a fake, especially when the quality of the fabric isn't up to the standards of the name on the label. I did buy two used Zegna sport coats on ebay in 2008. They were both up to date style-wise, but were not cashmere and I paid about for $100 each of them. They appeared to be genuine as well.

Ironically, ten to fifteen years ago, Penny's best suits and sport coats (Stafford) were quite impressive for the price points (up to $200). I have no idea what they have to offer now.

AlexfromLA said:
That reminds me. Does anyone know where to get decent donuts in Buenos Aires ?

Anyone ?

NOOoooooooo!!! Please don't make me make doughnuts.... :(

Back