Dental Implants

When you speak of the cost of an implant I assume this is the cost only of inserting the titanium screw. The cost of the crown over the implnt is not included in this price, right?
The titanium screw, and the crown is nothing, these 2 combined is a small part of implant process. Quite often, you have a cavity in the bone due to tooth extraction. The hole must be filled with other people bone, and the new bone has to grow/live in your cavity, eventually grow together with your bone. The screw will be into the new bone, not your bone. The process to developing the new bone is called bone grafting, it can fail easily, that's why the implant is expensive, the screw and crown is nothing. I do not want to gross you out, the bone is from the dead people.

The titanium screw, and the crown is nothing, these 2 combined is a small part of implant process. Quite often, you have a cavity in the bone due to tooth extraction. The hole must be filled with other people bone, and the new bone has to grow/live in your cavity, eventually grow together with your bone. The screw will be into the new bone, not your bone. The process to developing the new bone is called bone grafting, it can fail easily, that's why the implant is expensive, the screw and crown is nothing. I do not want to gross you out, the bone is from the dead people.

The crown then is NOT included in prices quoted here.

The crown then is NOT included in prices quoted here.
The price from Pelcman includes the crown.
The screw and crown are expensive pieces of hardware.
I have had at least 6 implants done by Pelcman and only 1 that was near my sinus cavity needed a bone graft. No big deal. He just packed it and I came back in 6 months for the screw (implant) to go in. I like to wait at least 6 months between implant and crown so implant is in solid before the pressures of a tooth (crown)

I have had at least 6 implants done by Pelcman and only 1 that was near my sinus cavity needed a bone graft. No big deal. He just packed it and I came back in 6 months for the screw (implant) to go in. I like to wait at least 6 months between implant and crown so implant is in solid before the pressures of a tooth (crown)

What was the total price?

6 month time is for bone to grow in the cavity, some dentists make you come back a few times, the cost will go way up. US dentists seems to encourage you to do bone grafting, they cant make much profit by just screwing the nail.

6 month time is for bone to grow in the cavity, some dentists make you come back a few times, the cost will go way up. US dentists seems to encourage you to do bone grafting, they cant make much profit by just screwing the nail.
I bet you think everybody cheats you.
Each person is different, some people need the 6 months and some don't, AND NO the price does NOT go up.
Nancy

Im a student of odontology in UBA. Unfortunately implants will always be one of the most expensive things in this field and so will extraction of wisdom teeths.
I recommend Ramiro Ranalli for implants and extractions (01148622174)
But if your looking for something cheaper UBA Odontology(dentistry) has excellent professionals. All you have to do is go Guardia get ID and tell them what you want to do.. They'll tell you were to go and what times.

Good luck

I bet you think everybody cheats you.
Each person is different, some people need the 6 months and some don't, AND NO the price does NOT go up.
Nancy
No, I do not think everyone cheats me, just my dentist. :)

I'm confused by all of this. I just came from a highly qualified (teaches at UBA and elsewhere) local dentist. There are three steps: implant, abutment, crown. Implant was quoted at u$s 1,100. The rest u$s 2,000. Said he uses best European materials. What have others recently paid? When I read u$s 1,000 for an "implant" I don't know if this includes all three steps or what it means.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
citygirl Expat Life 24
S Expat Life 12
Johnny Expat Life 7
T Expat Life 0
nlaruccia Expat Life 57
Back