Detroit Vs. Bsas

As the resident Detroiter on this forum, I feel that I have to point out that this is an isolated incident and is not representative of the city as a whole (though, of course, it does have it's share of problems with crime). The Detroit situation was more appalling though, as it was an accident (rather than a robbery attempt) and the man had gotten out of his car to try to help the kid.

<gets off soapbox>

edit: WARNING IRONY ADVISORY

Pitipur,

You seem to misunderstand that the entire basis for this forum is drawing wide-ranging conclusions based on limited personal experience. eg:

I heard of someone getting mugged in Recoleta = Crimewave!​

I saw the dollar blue go up = Economy in shambles!​

I saw someone sleeping in the street = Poverty is getting worse!​

Please don't confuse matters by bringing in actual statistics or by pointing out how hard it is to judge a city of millions based on personal experience.

Pitipur,

You seem to misunderstand that the entire basis for this forum is drawing wide-ranging conclusions based on limited personal experience. eg:

I heard of someone getting mugged in Recoleta = Crimewave!​

I saw the dollar blue go up = Economy in shambles!​

I saw someone sleeping in the street = Poverty is getting worse!​

Please don't confuse matters by bringing in actual statistics or by pointing out how hard it is to judge a city of millions based on personal experience.

Pointing out that anecdotal evidence is presented as though it meant something, doesn't mean that anecdotal evidence should be presented as though it meant something.

The way the forums have been, up to this point, does not necessarily equal the way the forums have to be forever more. Change is possible, however hard certain people may try to sabotage any attempt at an intelligent discussion.

Pointing out that anecdotal evidence is presented as though it meant something, doesn't mean that anecdotal evidence should be presented as though it meant something.

The way the forums have been, up to this point, does not necessarily equal the way the forums have to be forever more. Change is possible, however hard certain people may try to sabotage any attempt at an intelligent discussion.

And you're gonna change it eh Mr. Homeopathy?

Back