Did Trump save Venezuela?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is dead meat.

Maduro is likely to end up in a gated elite community in Moscow along with Yanukovich or if something doesn't go quite right with the Russians his next best bet is Cuba, either way he would be wanted for war crimes and gross human rights violations, not to mention the
embezzlement of national assets.

Maduro is likely to end up in a gated elite community in Moscow along with Yanukovich or if something doesn't go quite right with the Russians his next best bet is Cuba, either way he would be wanted for war crimes and gross human rights violations, not to mention the
embezzlement of national assets.
Moscow could be too cold for his tropical ass if he is lucky enough to take off before someone shoots him. The elite gated community in Mosco is probably the highrise buildings with security, that does not do much for him. Plus who knows how long Putin is going to last. It's not a bad thing that Trump sends a small US troop to knock him off. If he orders to open fire at people, his days will be numbered for sure. I have talked to many Russians, they feel that their country is hijacked by Putin, now Russians leave their country if they are able too, you see Russians everywhere. Same in China, the communist party hijacked the country.

Instead of forming my opinion after watching the various news channels (including US news, Latin American news, and the links jantango posted above), I asked a Venezuelan friend directly, "what's the situation in Venezuela?" He told me to watch this video. It's in English by a woman from Venezuela on youtube. It's 5 minutes long.

There are Venezuelans all over Buenos Aires. Ask one what they think of the situation there. It's their country, after all.

Her obvious
Instead of forming my opinion after watching the various news channels (including US news, Latin American news, and the links jantango posted above), I asked a Venezuelan friend directly, "what's the situation in Venezuela?" He told me to watch this video. It's in English by a woman from Venezuela on youtube. It's 5 minutes long.

There are Venezuelans all over Buenos Aires. Ask one what they think of the situation there. It's their country, after all.
Her obvious anger makes me really sad because I know it's not ideology based, but about her suffering, in many cases dying, compatriots.

I have talked to many Russians, they feel that their country is hijacked by Putin, now Russians leave their country if they are able too, you see Russians everywhere.

Russians are very proud and very rational people. Putin still enjoys a majority support because of his ability to keep Russia relevant and whoever comes after him is already in the loops waiting for his turn, everything there must always remain under control, no loose ends. Russians may not like the way their country is run but they also aren't going to demolish the hard-earned stability it took them years to safeguard from the chaos in the years of post soviet era. Their ideology is very different from the western democratized type of thinking, they are a lot more conservative and culturally reserved, they want their tradition intact and economy in order in the name of nationalism, they actually they don't mind the corruption as much for as long as the Russian public receives the most basic support and made feel proud at home.

Russians are very proud and very rational people. Putin still enjoys a majority support because

He made his opponents disappeared. If you dare to criticize Putin in Russia, you might not see the sun for a long while.

Russia is relevant ? Only in the region of where Russia is, Belarus, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan .. that's it. It's not relevant in North America, Latin America, far east Asia (China, Korea and Japan) or South Asia, or rest of Europe. Russian man's life span is 60 years, and he made them collect their social security at 65, at $300/month. It's a messed up country :)
Look at other east European countries, Czech, Poland, Hungary, even Bulgaria, they are much happier and well off compared to Russia. Even Ukrainians are having much more life.

Last edited:
He made his opponents disappeared. If you dare to criticize Putin in Russia, you might not see the sun for a long while.

Russia is relevant ? Only in the region of where Russia is, Belarus, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan .. that's it. It's not relevant in North America, Latin America, far east Asia (China, Korea and Japan) or South Asia, or rest of Europe. Russian man's life span is 60 years, and he made them collect their social security at 65, at $300/month. It's a messed up country :)
Look at other east European countries, Czech, Poland, Hungary, even Bulgaria, they are much happier and well off compared to Russia. Even Ukrainians are having much more life.

So now Putin is active in further off places like Syria and Venezuela. Sadly he's done nothing to improve Russia's economy, it's still relies almost totally on oil, like Vz. The Russian people have, in many cases, adapted to having a corrupt government by relying on a black market for their needs. Many take this attitude with them when they leave. The Lancet, says 25% of Russian men die before they are 55, and most of the deaths are due to alcohol

Russia is relevant ? Only in the region of where Russia is, Belarus, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan .. that's it. It's not relevant in North America

There is no doubt that the Russian society is not healthy and that the country is one of the most corrupt in the world, no one claims it to be great for quality living but they are stable politically and lets not forget how important that is. Contrary that had been said on here, I think they are relevant because they have immense geopolitical influence on a range of issues in the world; North Korean nuclear proliferation, their decision to protect the Venezuelan regime, strong leverage on negotiations between various opposition factions in Syria, various political strings attached to Turkey and Iran, their vital gas and oil supplies to Europe and Asia, their meddling in foreign politics and cyber influence on different levels in different countries. This is their foreign policy and the relevance on the world stage, they use their leverage to extract concessions from the international community through intense negotiations even at the expense of their own people, aka counter sanctions on the European farmers and the ongoing support of ultra nationalist movements across Europe. They may not be benevolent from the western point of view but their strategy is effective, they have influence and a foot in the door as well as veto power in the United Nations' Security Counsel which they exercise fully to fulfill their geopolitical interests.

The reason why I responded about Russia and carry on with the details is because of the stark contrast between an average Russian to an Average Argentine. On one hand both countries bare similarities, both are developing nations with commodity driven economies, both corrupt and culturally conservative and family oriented yet the Russians are way better off on the longer term because they favor stability knowing that without stability there can be no economic improvements. They let an authoritarian government rule over them because Putin can make a phone call to the central bank and raise interest rates and keep them there until inflation drops from nearly 20% back to 4% in a matter of a year without printing Rubels to pay for the public sector! He can also successfully negotiate a new gas pipeline to Germany and secure a long term contract to guarantee enough revenue for his sanctions ridden home, their domestic manufacturing and the farming sector are booming so on the long term even if some sanctions remain in place they are determined to succeed because of an effective strategy and good stability, none of which are present in here. Argentines meantime are busy disagreeing with union representatives and borrowing more to fund their inefficient government while hoping for a miracle to stabilize the peso while purposefully continuing to devalue it by expanding the money supply by nearly 50% a year.

You believe this? Have you no respect for human rights? Do you not care that Venezuelans are malnourished and without medicine? Do you think that the millions who have left are all millionaire oligarchs? I fail to see the purpose of the views you post without commentary. Is it just to irritate?
She's trolling obviously. There has been no opinion offered by that poster in this thread, only video responses. She clearly doesn't believe what she posts, but is just winding people up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back