Dill pickles and dill relish?

rob0001

Registered
So, in reading a few very old threads, I'm confused. Will I find decent dill pickles and dill relish in BA or not?
I'd hate to make them...but if I have to, I will.
They are not popular in many parts of the world (Asia and Mexico as examples), so I have no idea about Argentina.

So, in reading a few very old threads, I'm confused. Will I find decent dill pickles and dill relish in BA or not?
I'd hate to make them...but if I have to, I will.
They are not popular in many parts of the world (Asia and Mexico as examples), so I have no idea about Argentina.
Never seen anywhere. Not even decent dill pickles. You can find German style gerkins here and there and they are not bad, but not a dill pickle in the end.

I have seen Heinz sweet relish in the squeezy bottle once or twice but who wants that? Gross

I've been known to bring a few jars of Mt. Olive in my luggage...

Pickled vegetables here tend to be cut in in tiny pieces and have a lot of sugar in them.
"Gardiniera", which to us in the states means a pickled mixture of garden vegetables in the Italian style, here means a weird mixture of peas and carrots, and often comes in a can or frozen. Go figure.

I just make my own pickled this and that. It's not really hard, just laborious. Fresh dill can be had at some verdulerias, in season.

Pickled vegetables here tend to be cut in in tiny pieces and have a lot of sugar in them.
"Gardiniera", which to us in the states means a pickled mixture of garden vegetables in the Italian style, here means a weird mixture of peas and carrots, and often comes in a can or frozen. Go figure.

I just make my own pickled this and that. It's not really hard, just laborious. Fresh dill can be had at some verdulerias, in season.
Perfect/ I'll make my own if I can get fresh dill!

Eneldo (fresh dill) can be hard to find. I have never had any success.

Eneldo (fresh dill) can be hard to find. I have never had any success.
OK, but I have seen people buying it at my local verduleria here in Retiro.

If all else fails, you can grow it yourself

Dill/ Eneldo is now readily available, and yes you will have to make yr own. Not sure if there is kosher salt in BsAs.We made pickles - only certain time of year you can find pickling cukes.

Dill/ Eneldo is now readily available, and yes you will have to make yr own. Not sure if there is kosher salt in BsAs.We made pickles - only certain time of year you can find pickling cukes.

I'm sure kosher salt is available if you look in the right place. Argentina has like the 5th largest Jewish community in the world, after all. But it's a specialty good, and sal gruesa works just as well, at least for us gentiles.

hmmm we are ‘seasoned’ but when we ask in the jewish stores they said all salt is kosher-ps i am certified jewish

Back