Divorce law in Argentina

sharkbait08

Registered
I have a slightly complicated question about divorce in Argentina... Is it true that you cannot remarry in Argentina for 2 years after you divorce? If so, what if, despite this rule, you marry in the US or some other country? Can you still get the marriage recognized here?

you can but have to have it processed by Argentina and I think it is easier to wait. And the US divorce document should be apostillitized so they cant reject it.

Thanks for the quick response but let me clarify a bit.... The marriage took place in Argentina and the divorce is taking place in Argentina. I am curious how soon a person can remarry after divorce. I heard it was 2 years... First, I was wondering if anyone can confirm that and second, and I don't quite understand what that means... does that only apply to marriages that take place in argentina? (for example, can we marry in the US, even if one of us is an Argentine citizen and the other American?) And if we do get married outside the country, can we get it recognized in Argentina (even though one of us is recently divorced?)

Think about this. Dial 1-800-LOST MY MIND before you jump again.

Ha ha... Somehow I had a premonition that this post would make me look bad. But I am willing to submit myself to a little public humiliation... if I can get an answer to this question out of it!

We got our foreign marriage registered locally, but it needed a court case, and it was a bit slow for us as our church marriage has civil effect but it is illegal to get married in a church if you are not alreadt legally married.

Back