Divorcing an argentinan

Mediotonto, or should I say fulltonto. Stop wasting your time on internet forums and lawyer up! Any lawyer at this point!

Either there is a back story you have not told us about your relationship and how the marriage came to an end or she is just trying to scare you off knowing you are a medio tonto.

"debe que abstenerse de realizar cualquier acto de intimidacion u hostigamiento en contra la persona de bajo apercibimiento en caso de incumplimiento de incurrir en desobediencia a una orden judical y pasar los antecedentes a la justicia penal"

Is there a court restraint order against you? Who sent you this?

In any case. You are a permanent resident with native born Argentine children (or childs as you call them), this is a bond that is unbreakable even if the marriage has gone kaputt. So I would not be worried about being deported at all. Plus you are still legally married to that woman until the divorce is finalized by the judge.

Get a lawyer today!
No back story, its like I told before, now its about costudy for the children and about the money, she is obsessed with that almost everything is hers, she was planing to invest in property to rent out, and now everything went down the drain when I left and claimed half (only to her sofar)
There are no court restraint order aginst me, or any other complaints in the history, this the police came by with yesterday evening, she had filed for it around of 14:00 yesterday, so justice work fast here.
When we talked on phone Wednesday she said that she had already contacted the police, and if I didnt transfer all the money to her I would go to prison, that was just to scare me, but when she noticed I that I didnt complied, she probably filled a complaint yesterday, thats what I think at least.

Fulltonto? Re-tonto are probably the correct word ;)
But yes, I hope that I can arange to have a lawyer with me for todays meeting.

No back story, its like I told before, now its about costudy for the children and about the money, she is obsessed with that almost everything is hers, she was planing to invest in property to rent out, and now everything went down the drain when I left and claimed half (only to her sofar)
There are no court restraint order aginst me, or any other complaints in the history, this the police came by with yesterday evening, she had filed for it around of 14:00 yesterday, so justice work fast here.
When we talked on phone Wednesday she said that she had already contacted the police, and if I didnt transfer all the money to her I would go to prison, that was just to scare me, but when she noticed I that I didnt complied, she probably filled a complaint yesterday, thats what I think at least.

Fulltonto? Re-tonto are probably the correct word ;)
But yes, I hope that I can arange to have a lawyer with me for todays meeting.
Cut all communication with her. Don't call don't answer calls. After all the police order said that , she can accuse you of harassing her by calling her...
Get a lawyer and have them do all the communication on your behalf.

Last edited:
yeah man. you gotta take this more seriously now. i know it sucks, but you cannot communicate with her anymore. you have to look out for yourself and your kids only.

Thanks all, have meet with the judge, also fixed a good lawyer. The meeting was totaly calm, was more like an psychiatric examination, I got to tell my side, wife had said that she feelt threaten during one of our discussions there I had said that I can also go for everything if she´s not careful, so it was not such a big deal.
Judge acctually urged me to conutinue to comunicate by calls, but best thing would be if we could fix a phone for the childs so not everything has to go trowh the wife.
And my lawyer will now start the divorce process.
I feel great acctually, this made me lose all kind of guilt or sympathy over the situtation, so totaly ready to move on.

If you want to spice your life up you should get a girlfriend and post about her a few times on social media. Jk don't do that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
perry Culture 1
L Expat Life 1
S Expat Life 13
Back