Dni For Babies.

CaliCoco

Registered
Hello everyone. I've been living here in BA a couple months now and I need to start the DNI process for my US born 8 month old twin boys. I am US born with an Argentine DNI and my wife is a dual US/ARG. Does anybody know what documents I need besides birth certificates and passports? I know for adults they ask for antecedentes and so forth but I can't imagine that applying to babies. Does anybody have any experience in this area? Thanks in advance.

Your babies are argentines. They need birth certificate, the birth certificate or carta de ciudadanía of the mother and that's it. You apply for opción de nacionalidad at renaper, you have to schedule a turno on line and they send you an e mail with the requisites.
If your wife is nationalized, then you have to apply for opción de nacionalidad at Court.

For permanent residency, birth certificates and your DNI should be enough.

Bc apostilled and translated of course.

Thank you Bajo Cero. Is there any benefit or risk in having them become dual, is permanent resident the way to go, or is it simply a matter of preference? I know that some Governments threaten to revoke one for having another but I heard its very rare.

The US has no issues.
Always is better to be citizen.
Some US citizens prefers to travel using another citizenship passport. They will have that option.

At Renaper paralegals/lawyers are forbidden by the law. You have to pay only about 35 pesos.

Hello to a fellow twin parent! My twins (boy and girl) are 9 months old and are US/Arg citizens. Getting them their DNI/passports from Argentina was the absolute easiest thing ever. Different process since they were born here but don't be scared - people are super nice and we didn't even need an apt to get them their passports.

Back