DNI through contracto de trabajo.

RobinsonGO

Registered
Does anyone have any experience with getting a DNI through contracto de trabajo with a small company? Secondly, doing this with an overstayed visa? I am waiting for the small company I am working with to become a society which I believe will give them correct papers to help me try. If anyone has gone through this process and is willing to lend suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Saludos!

PS, I have already used the search engine and did not quite find what I was searching for.

RobinsonGO said:
Does anyone have any experience with getting a DNI through contracto de trabajo with a small company? Secondly, doing this with an overstayed passport? I am waiting for the small company I am working with to become a society which I believe will give them correct papers to help me try. If anyone has gone through this process and is willing to lend suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Saludos!

PS, I have already used the search engine and did not quite find what I was searching for.

Did you mean an overstayed visa (as opposed to passport)?

If so, that's no problem, but your foreign passport must be valid (not expired).

steveinbsas said:
Did you mean an overstayed visa (as opposed to passport)?

If so, that's no problem, but your foreign passport must be valid (not expired).

Yes, visa, the original post is corrected, thanks Steve. Any ideas on how easy the process is for the pyme (small company) to apply for me?

On a side note;I have been using this VivAvisos, really a great site. I have found a few desirable properties. How is the fishing in Bahia?

Saludos.

I assume when you say the company is going to become a society, it means they are registering as an SRL or SA? And is the company registered to employee extranjeros? They must file paperwork and be approved
to hire foreign employees. Once they do that, they can issue you a "pre-contrato" which will enable you to start your paperwork to receive your work permit.

Ok. Thank you Citygirl. Yes, when I said society I meant SRL. This is also news to me about registering to hire extranjeros. Thank you, now I know more of what I need to look into.

Saludos.

My pleasure. They have to register with Migraciones (IIRC, my lawyer did all the paperwork) and present documentation about the company, etc. Then they may receive immediate approval, Migraciones may conduct a site visit to ensure there are no extranjeros working there without permission, etc. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to receive the approval.

Back