Do argentines not use tampons?

Wow, I apologize for starting a topic that clearly got out of control. I should have known better than to talk about things concerning a woman in the women´s forum.

Wow how incredibly patronizing are you guys? As if South American women were dumb.
Tampons without applicators are better for the environment (less waste, less transport) and they are better at reducing leakage.Guys come on you are in BsAs not in Addis Abeba!

Hi, I'm not a woman but I would like to help.I did a quick search on ebay for tampons in the US, I don't know but I think there are a lot of dealers selling them, surely some of them would be understanding/willing to ship to BA, maybe you can email some of them before you bid & check. Surely there must be a good little market of expats who will buy in BA. BTW, .... could someone pls tell Dudester about this... I think he's due right now. Thanks! :)
Here's a couple of sample links , but otherwise just punch in tampons on the ebay.com front page.http://cgi.ebay.com/PLAYTEX-gentle-glide-TAMPONS-4-NEW-BXS-80-TAMPONS_W0QQitemZ300260376571QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300260376571&_trkparms=72%3A1210|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 http://cgi.ebay.com/Natracare-Organic-All-Cotton-Tampons-Super-SHIP-FREE_W0QQitemZ220282598235QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220282598235&_trkparms=72%3A1210|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

"ricardo9000" said:
Sorry to but in , but could someone pls open the window? it's getting a bit stuffy in here.

Yeah, Richardo, above is your last MUCHO FUNNY comment. How old are you? 12? Tampons on E-Bay? The Tampon shortage problem has been solved so your brilliant idea of shipping them down to BsAs from North America in crates or something is not needed - but real genius thinking Richardo..... Don't worry, Dudester's fine and since I'm a male I don't menstruate (see, learn something new everyday mi amigo) but if you happen to maybe a visit to the Doc is in order - not a problem to solve here on the board. Bon Chance, Dudester

"Dudester" said:
Sorry to but in , but could someone pls open the window? it's getting a bit stuffy in here.

Yeah, Richardo, above is your last MUCHO FUNNY comment. How old are you? 12? Tampons on E-Bay? The Tampon shortage problem has been solved so your brilliant idea of shipping them down to BsAs from North America in crates or something is not needed - but real genius thinking Richardo..... Don't worry, Dudester's fine and since I'm a male I don't menstruate (see, learn something new everyday mi amigo) but if you happen to maybe a visit to the Doc is in order - not a problem to solve here on the board. Bon Chance, Dudester

Hi Dudester,Yes you're right, sorry. I was being very childish. Yes, I was probably acting like a silly 10yr old.
For what it's worth I didn't really mean to offend you, I was genuinely & honestly just hoping to help out with a quick thought/idea when I suddenly got impulsive, .... I have been reading a lot of your posts lately & I must say that you have a gift in the way you express your self on text, your writing style is alive & I love it, I don't think I've seen anyone write in such graphic color yet, sincerely, I do not mean this in any negative way towards you. I'll get back in my box now.Best regards, R.

First, please no fighting! I feel responsible, and it´s a silly argument. Second, I definitely was not calling Argentines dumb. A cultural difference doesn´t make one or the other stupid...rather, it´s simply a difference in custom. I was simply noting that finding tampons here is harder than in the US, and that when you do find them there´s very little variety compared to the variety of pads. Thus, I concluded that pads are more popular than tampons. But does that really matter? We´ve solved the mystery about the chinese supermarkets so it´s all good..

Hey Women.

Argentine women are taught never to "put anything up there". You think finding tampons is hard (Jumbo and Disco always have them, I see them at all the super markets, though only without applicators which is fine by me) just try looking for a douche bag (ducha vaginal). Most pharmacies don't have them if they know what they are and if you want them you have to ask the pharmacist who keeps them hidden away like a dark secret. If you ask any of the women who work in the store they've never even heard of one and if you describe what it's for they are horrified!
No matter how much everyone goes on and on about Buenos Aires being just like New York or Paris (and the emperor has a lovely new outfit on) this is a 3rd world country and it is still South America and it is still a Catholic country and there is a great deal of ignorance here.

Good luck sisters...

HotYogaTeacher said:
Hey Women.

Argentine women are taught never to "put anything up there". You think finding tampons is hard (Jumbo and Disco always have them, I see them at all the super markets, though only without applicators which is fine by me) just try looking for a douche bag (ducha vaginal). Most pharmacies don't have them if they know what they are and if you want them you have to ask the pharmacist who keeps them hidden away like a dark secret. If you ask any of the women who work in the store they've never even heard of one and if you describe what it's for they are horrified!
No matter how much everyone goes on and on about Buenos Aires being just like New York or Paris (and the emperor has a lovely new outfit on) this is a 3rd world country and it is still South America and it is still a Catholic country and there is a great deal of ignorance here.

Good luck sisters...

I think women do not need/buy douche bags since they use the bidet ;)

nikad said:
I think women do not need/buy douche bags since they use the bidet ;)

Not only that but the archaic practice know as douching is unhealthy. I'm surprise someone from such an advanced society doesn't' know that.....

Back