Do argentines not use tampons?

Oh..I should check this web site 2 weeks ago. I've looked for all the supermarkets for dxxx tampon! I was a little bit shy to talk to male who's work there in my 'mal espanol', so I've through all the napkin and tissue sections carefully by myself. I've checked many big stores, and finally I found out one 'strange package' at the pharmacy. What I found comes with a small faded paper box, and it doesn't come with applicater! OMG I've never used such a thing like that. I don't like that, but i was desperate then!
If anyone knows the store in BsAs which sell 'normal' tampon, would you let me the name of store and locatioin.That would be really greatful!

The comments on this string have been ridiculous, and makes me wonder if half the people posting have ever talked to an Argentine women ("they're taught not to put anything up there"??? where does that come from? oh sorry, it comes from someone who is desperate to leave town, that's right, that's why they are trashing on the Argentines)

Can I please stand up for Argentine women right now and say that just as many of them are savvy about their bodies as in the USA -- ie there's just as many IDIOTS if not more in the USA that don't know crap about feminine hygiene and/or contraceptive options!

Choices here are often made for economic reasons over comfort. Pads are cheaper than tampons here, but tampons are starting to grow in popularity. I can tell you that in just the few years I've been there the tampon market has already expanded and there's now both O.B. and another brand Days or something like that. And they are available at all Farmacity's all across town, so you dont even have to ask at your supermercado chino.

Tampons here do not come with applicators; applicators and all that packaging are just a bunch of waste and bad for the environment.

If you're a grown woman that's mature enough to move to Argentina, you should be savvy enough to get over the no applicator thing and get on with it. Is it really THAT hard to insert a tampon without a plastic missile delivery system? Please, it's not like you're try to get it to the moon.

Also regarding the bidet, get with the programme ladies -- who ever isn't using their bidet is being silly. For any of you that ever have bladder infection, hello, a bidet after sex is the best invention you'll ever encounter. Forget the hunt for the cranberry juice, you can just go into any bathroom in Argentina and PREVENT the problem in the first place.

And for guys, well, you can use it to cool down your pelotas in this 35 + degree weather! (I'd say "after an especially spicy vindaloo" but that's not going to happen in BA anyway, and that queja is for another time.)

Dang! I should have brought more Tampax from home! If I had more, I'd sell them for real cheap.

I just have to put my 2 cents worth in here since I did email one of the posters on where to locate tampons here. I don't think this has anything to do with Argentine and/or American women being more savy on products or hygiene..it all has to do with what you have been used to and there is a big difference on being used to using a tampon with an applicator and then having to use one without, IMO. I knew of this issue prior to moving here so stocked up and don't have to deal with the issues. But for those women who didn't I feel for them.

I can appreciate the fact that OB's are more "green" for the enviroment...but again it's personal preference and comfort...simple as that. And tell me where you find real pads?? I have yet to locate anything that is more than a panty liner....again I brought my stash from the states...but if there are real pads would love to know.

I agree the men that have put in their remarks haven't helped the issue at all...but I felt the original post was a common issue for a lot of women and all in all has helped out a great deal.

For women that grew up in the States there has always been a very large selection of personal hygiene products...and here it's basically OB's and several light pads...
it just takes some adjusting or bringing your products with you.

Criswkh...

So funny!! What is funny and/or scary is I remember my Mother having the "kotex belt" when I was in my preteens....they were around...thank God someone had the brains to simplify it all...:)

Dear KatharineAnn,

Ok so now you know of course they use them, they just are carried everywhere! I can only use tampons with applicators so I had my friends start sending them one or two per letter then sent me and my aunt just came to visit and brought me down two full boxes! I don't think I will be able to use that many so if you are DYING for a box of tampax with applicators send me a private message :)

Back