Do argentinos consider a porteño accent more prestigious?

I don't think that's the case any longer.
y

Maybe ? So why then we NEVER hear on TV Acento Cordobes, Mendocino or Santiagueño to mention a few. They don't hire them or must get rid of Provinciano accents to get a job..?

y

Maybe ? So why then we NEVER hear on TV Acento Cordobes, Mendocino or Santiagueño to mention a few. They don't hire them or must get rid of Provinciano accents to get a job..?
On TV programs and soap operas, very often they have a rule of speaking with "neutral accents"

On TV programs and soap operas, very often they have a rule of speaking with "neutral accents"

Very often ? but on Argentine News Programs, Politics, or Programas de Actualidad , panelists have only Porteño? . Only on soap operas meant for Exportacion may have Neutral accent.
Argentines almost ignore what is neutral accent... Argentine actors in Mexican soap operas, have sometimes trouble because their Accent is so strong, that fail to speak with Neutral accent ..!

Very often ? but on Argentine News Programs, Politics, or Programas de Actualidad , panelists have only Porteño? . Only on soap operas meant for Exportacion may have Neutral accent.
Argentines almost ignore what is neutral accent... Argentine actors in Mexican soap operas, have sometimes trouble because their Accent is so strong, that fail to speak with Neutral accent ..!

If you know a lot about accents, try watching Alfredo Leuco on TN and tell us where his accent is from.

If you know a lot about accents, try watching Alfredo Leuco on TN and tell us where his accent is from.

I know everything about Accents.....:rolleyes: Alfredo Leuco is a native of Cordoba, but maybe the only Cordobes on screen. That was an easy one for beginners. His son though has lost his Cordobes Accent... Have you heard regional accents on Rial's, Moria's or Intratables ? Are you being a smart aleck ?

A funny story when Macri was head of CABA , they Said he wanted to put gates to enter the CABA...The password to enter CABA would be how you pronounce Tierra.. if you say Tierra you pass if you say tiee_rrrra. you are left out.. (only meaningful in Spanish..!) as in Santiagueño. NOA accents.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Rich One, post: 365857, member: 11748" Are you being a smart aleck ?
[/QUOTE]
Funny.... I thought that was you.... :p Having lived surrounded by an extremely diverse international community most of my life and finally back home, I only know a thing or two about accents but please, enlighten us in this field of expertise...

[QUOTE="Rich One, post: 365857, member: 11748" Are you being a smart aleck ?
Funny.... I thought that was you.... :p Having lived surrounded by an extremely diverse international community most of my life and finally back home, I only know a thing or two about accents but please, enlighten us in this field of expertise...[/QUOTE]

Knowing a thing or two sure may help...:cool:. You have asked for my fields of Expertise...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: the following may sound pretentious..:D

After 15 year in Argentina I have researched extensively the regional Accents of this country...From the Correntino to the Mendocino to the Santiagueño. Riojano, to Formoseño and Porteño(s.) ;)

Furthermore I specialize in Latin American Spanish Accents. From variations in Mexican language (lived in the Mexican community for over 10 years) to the regional differences of Spanish accents in Central America, Cuba, and Colombia. I specialize in Chileno Accents ...:rolleyes:

It would be to long to mention the regional Accent nuances of French , Arabic, Farsi, English, etc.

Si Señora....!!

Sorry forgot to mention my knowledge of the regional Spanish dialect accents in the Iberian Peninsula... (After my stay in Spain)

Back