Do I need a special permit to work remotely for my US-based company?

Nikad's post meant that you will be granted permanent residency being the spouse of an Argentine, but you must apply for it.

You will be submitting the required paperwork to migraciones when you actually apply for permanent residency, so just continue with that process.

They might grant it or not.

How could this possibly apply to a company who was neither registered or located in Argentina and (except for one off their employees working on line with clients who are not in Argentina) not doing business in Argentina?

You mean like UBER?
According to SC, if you have bussisness here, you must do it according to the local law. He is working here. Simple.

Although Fiscal may be in Argentina now with a "tourist visa" (that may have expired) it is safe to assume that he will soon have permanent residency, so that won't be an issue

Yes, technically, he will be working here and will be paid in the USA, but (as I recently wrote in a reply to one of your posts), if he stays out of the USA for 335 days of the year, the first $108K (USD) of his income will be exempt from federal income tax), so his tax situation will be radically different rather than exactly the same.

Based on what Fiscal wrote about the concerns of the HR dept of his company, I don't think that is up to him.

The unanswered question now (which must be answered to appease the HR dept of his company in order for him to keep his job) is whether or not he can "legally" work on line for a US company that is not registered to do business in Argentina and (I am assuming) does not have clients who are located in Argentina. I seroiusly doubt any foreign corporation who does not have clients in Argentina would want to register in Argentina for the sake of one employee who wants to work remotely form Argentina.

If all of his clients are outside of Argentina and his company does not want to be registered in Argentina just so Fiscal can work remotely, I am assuming that the only option for him is to register with AFIP and pay income taxes in Argentina It will be the only way for him to keep his job and continue to work remotely...and only if AFIP says it's OK.

I suggest he contact an Argentine accountant for further information. I also suggest that until he knows for sure what will works and what won't that he stays as far away from AFIP as possible.

Simple. He applies for PR and after that fot monotributo. He invoice the company and everybody is happy.

i feel like once his boss (the employer) granted him the ability to work in another country, this went out the window. by doing so they now have exposed themselves to whatever rules and laws apply by having an employee working here. which i suspect is why HR is now asking him questions.

I think that what they are thinking about is regarding liability in case, for example, he dies while he works. In that case a Federal Court in the US might enforce the Argentine local law in a lawsuit.

Simple. He applies for PR and after that fot monotributo. He invoice the company and everybody is happy.

After I logged out last night I wondered if he could register in Argentina as an independent contractor.

This is the answer Fiscal has been looking for.

So, he needs to tell his company that he will register as a monotributo with AFIP as soon as he receives permanent residency.

Hopefully, he can do this as soon as he receives the precaria.

He'll probably also want to know what he should do regarding the pay (how to report it if at all) he has already received since he started "working" in Argentina.

They might grant it or not.

Have there been any cases since the DNU2017 in which migraciones has not granted permanent residency to a citizen of the USA who is married to an Argentine woman and/or has fathered her child?

Have there been any cases since the DNU2017 in which migraciones has not granted permanent residency to a citizen of the USA who is married to an Argentine woman and/or has fathered her child?

I have no idea but the familly clause was abolished because its origins is hebrew while the DNU 70/2017 is nazi.

Last edited:
After I logged out last night I wondered if he could register in Argentina as an independent contractor.

So, he needs to tell his company that he will register as a monotributo with AFIP as soon as he receives permanent residency.

He'll probably also want to know what he should do regarding the pay (how to report it if at all) he has already received since he started "working" in Argentina.

He can but with precaria is enough.

You mean like UBER?
According to SC, if you have bussisness here, you must do it according to the local law. He is working here. Simple.

Yes, we’re totally going to compare a physical service being offered on the streets of BsAs (and majorly disrupting a big and powerful local industry btw) with a guy doing work for his boss on his laptop while visiting here. Makes total sense.

I have no idea but the familly clause was abolished because its origins is hebrew while the DNU 70/2017 is nazi.

English Translation: I have no evidence of the thing I am trying to scare you about having any basis in real life. But: Macri! Nazi! Be afraid!

I, too, have heard no evidence of permanent residency not being granted on basis of family, but plenty of cases where it was granted without incident. And Macri’s Nazi government continues to publish the procedure on its web site exactly as it always was.

Until recently it was all but impossible for a monotributista to issue facturas to an entity outside the country. I linked before to the experience of someone who actually got it up and running, and published the play-by play (in Spanish). Here is that link again:
https://medium.com/@j0an/cómo-facturar-al-exterior-y-cobrar-en-tu-banco-siendo-monotributista-78d1951d5215

Last edited:
Yes, we’re totally going to compare a physical service being offered on the streets of BsAs (and majorly disrupting a big and powerful local industry btw) with a guy doing work for his boss on his laptop while visiting here. Makes total sense.

You are inventing facts. He lives here.

English Translation: I have no evidence of the thing I am trying to scare you about having any basis in real life. But: Macri! Nazi! Be afraid!

FYI this government is super anti semitic.
The DNU 70/2017 erase the hebrew righ from the immigration system that is all based on the bible and replace it for german law that is racist. You can find the source of this at points 5 and 19 of the Munich Program.

In fact, i realized it because I am a victim of persecution by the judges who are "employees" of the President. first I thought it was because they hate the Chinese, then I found the sources in Nazi law. Recently they threatened to imprison me and I realized that they really hate me because they call me Panasiuk, which is my Polish surname, so they persecute me and insult me because they think that I am Jewish and because in my arguments when demanding that the National Constitution be applied Actually, I ask that the Torah be applied.

So, I asked in the familly about our origins and my great-grandmother was jew. So, yes, Cambiemos is scary.

I, too, have heard no evidence of permanent residency not being granted on basis of family, but plenty of cases where it was granted without incident. And Macri’s Nazi government continues to publish the procedure on its web site exactly as it always was.

Ben, if you like to make a fool of yourself, that’s your busisness. The DNU 70/2017 changed the family reunification clause that stopped being the rule and became the exception:
https://www.diariojudicial.com/nota/83046

Any breach of the immigration law, enables rejection, such as visa abuses (Colonia runs). So, it depends on who is the lawyer analizing your file, if it is Guasti you are in troubles. I’m prosecuting him for abuse of power.

Last edited:
Back