Do They Have Walmart Here ???

There's a Walmart in Sarandí past Avellaneda. It's a sad, understocked overpriced shadow de mierda of its magnificent temple-of-consumerism US counterparts. Can find some things not available other places though.

There is one at Cabildo and Manuela Pedraza. It seems if you enter "Walmart Buenos Aires" in Google Maps, you get Walmart locations. When I visited the Walmart in Nuñez, the customers seemed to be average Argentinians. I did not see people as in the pictures from the link you provided.

This was ages ago but I wrote a blog post about the Walmart we went to my first two weeks of studying abroad in BA. It was super expensive (although I didn't have a good idea of what prices should be yet...) but a really interesting experience to compare the US and Argentine versions. It's laid out similarly to the US Walmarts but I still don't think it's the same experience.

http://standinginargentina.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/wall-mart-the-first-parking-lot-ive-seen-in-b/

There is also a Walmart in the DOT Shopping Mall in Saavedra. Fairly big if you ask me

There's a massive one at Bancalari, Zona Norte just off Camino del Buen Ayre.
Never been to a US one so wouldn't know how they compare.

There's a Walmart by us on Constituyentes. Having moved from Las Canitas where we shopped at Jumbo to Urquiza where we shop at Walmart, I can say that in Argentina is more like a normal supermarket here than the couple I've seen in the States. Basically like a slightly lower class Jumbo. It's not crazy low class redneck obese-chair riding walking around in their underwear craziness that you supposedly see in the USA.

The Walmart on Constituyentes has a full produce section (with mangoes! and cherries! and imported fruit! and wheatgrass and alfalfa!) They have a small organics section. They have a well stocked liquor/wine section. The quality of meat is also surprisingly good (I never thought I'd buy meat from Walmart, but it's good quality). They don't have much in the way of import foods anymore, but hey, neither do most places.

They have a clothing section as well, I think they sell that Ropa Para Todos. The clothing otherwise is exactly like the stuff they sell at Jumbo -- though it looks like Walmart brings in all the Disney licensed kids clothing (like the actual stuff, not the rip off) so I've bought my toddler a few pairs of disney underwear / Marvel socks etc. There's whole sections of Walmart that I haven't even wandered into (toys, furnishings, etc).

So if you want to see shocking, I wouldn't bother with the trip.

Christ -- this blog is a description of the Walmart I'm talking about -- this is one of those foreigners who needs to get the hell out of their barrio every once in awhile -- they must have taken the bus to the provincia side of the highway. Idiots. There's a bus straight from Gorriti and Arevalo that drops you right out front, no dodgy highway crossing etc. http://standinginargentina.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/wall-mart-the-first-parking-lot-ive-seen-in-b/

Constituyentes is not exactly a gem, but

Back