Do they sell real Christmas trees?

Christmas to me is all about traditions you grew up with and new ones you make....we bought a fake tree and decorated it and I put out all my Christmas decorations from the states....to me it gives me the "feel" of the holidays to have around me memories of holidays gone by.

I also made more Swedish Butter Ball cookies than I could ever imagine and decorated plates and gave them to neighbors and vendors and the like that we are fond of and gotten to be friends with or the past year....they were all shocked to say the least but had my husband explain this is a tradition in the states and they all graciously accepted the plate full of cookies...and the next time we saw them they raved about how good they were...very nice! I must say baking in the middle of Summer was a little warm...but what the heck...turn on the fans and it all worked out great!

So yes, Christmas is what you make it...but keeping the old traditions and blending in new is great fun!

Just to reiterate, the only place to find a real Christmas tree is in a nursery, where they are sold potted. In the 5 years I've lived here I've bought two. I can not have a plastic tree. But decorations are sold everyplace, no problem.

The problem with going out on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve here is that there is NO transportation until 4 in the morning. If you have a car, you are all set. But if you depend on buses, taxis, and the subte, you've got to go where you're going and stay until 4 unless you have a friend who can drive you home. Either that, or you walk. So TangoBob (above) must have had access to private transportation to zoom around so, or he walked.

Forget about going to restaurants or malls or the movies on these 2 nights as we might do in the States--everything is closed!

I've been in BsAs for 6 Christmases, and now my favorite activity is to leave during the holidays.

tangocherie said:
Just to reiterate, the only place to find a real Christmas tree is in a nursery, where they are sold potted. In the 5 years I've lived here I've bought two. I can not have a plastic tree. But decorations are sold everyplace, no problem.

The problem with going out on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve here is that there is NO transportation until 4 in the morning. If you have a car, you are all set. But if you depend on buses, taxis, and the subte, you've got to go where you're going and stay until 4 unless you have a friend who can drive you home. Either that, or you walk. So TangoBob (above) must have had access to private transportation to zoom around so, or he walked.

Forget about going to restaurants or malls or the movies on these 2 nights as we might do in the States--everything is closed!

I've been in BsAs for 6 Christmases, and now my favorite activity is to leave during the holidays.

Andamos mucho, but our freinds in Pilar picked us up and brought us back.

For Xmas ornaments I would recommend alparamis (www.alparamis.com.ar), I would say that the christmas spirit is kind of absent down here. On Xmas season they have definitely the best products (non are national). As for trees, it would be difficult to find real ones, especially because in the city is kind of strange to have space to place it.

Back