Do you fear a crash similar to 2001?

Its strange that the promacristas are silent now . Where is their defence of the terrible economic policies of this goverment who have shown such ineptidude in such a short period of time . I am very upset , angry and disppointed that Argentina and its people have been so manipulated over the years and this current goverment will leave in tears.

The peso has devalued nearly 20% in one day . This is huge news and mean that we are in venezuela territory where hiperinflation and devaluation are constants .

https://cincodias.elpais.com/cincodias/2018/08/30/mercados/1535608648_198054.html

If you confess that you are clueless about the art. 99 of the NC, then you are wasting my time.
I cannot continue reading your reply.
You are free to ignore me if you choose to do so; however, to ignore me or any other expat simply because we are not knowledgeable about an article of Arg law strikes me as extremely telling. Hey, we are expats, not local lawyers. We can not be expected to know the content of a citation (the actual text of which you have not seen fit to cite). Your reason for refusing to respond meaningfully is so patently unreasonable that it makes me think you are just being evasive. I specifically asked you if your statement that Macri "forgave" a retroactive tax imposed on Molinos was true. The reportage suggests it is not true. Please answer that question or accept as valid the criticism that you cited false information much like a common troll who intentionally seeks to annoy others for no other reason than to "get off" by generating heated, but innocuous, debate.

Your credibility matters especially as you purport to be a legal expert albeit a proud self-confessed rude and nasty one. You may be a very successful immigration lawyer, but your conduct and words here strike me as consistent with your description of your professional demeanor.

You asserted art 99 of the NC prohibits Macri from doing what he did to hasten the resolution of the case pending for 10 years. Did the court overlook this prohibition? Is the appellate court in cahoots with Macri? Or is your interpretation of Art 99 faulty?

Being asked to clarify the basis for your assertions seems to be an anathema to you - you refuse to do so. That applies to my prior request to identify the "them" you accuse of keeping the USD artificially low in order to buy (and export) them.

Well, The dollar closed around 40 reaching highs of 43. They are talking about a banking holiday for tomorrow, so you can't buy or sell dollars. Where will the dollar go, and how does Mauricio Macri contain the U.S Dollar?

Well, The dollar closed around 40 reaching highs of 43. They are talking about a banking holiday for tomorrow, so you can't buy or sell dollars. Where will the dollar go, and how does Mauricio Macri contain the U.S Dollar?

This has the hallmarks of the corralito and it looks like that peoples dollars could be confiscated in banks soon . This crisis is moving at breakneck speed but still we are living in a false sense of security as expats . Think about the argentinian people whose wages have been slashed by haf in the last months . This is a economic crime of the worst kind

There will be no banking holiday. The peso has devalued that's all. There will be no corralito. STOP TALKING S**T!

Wrangler and Perry, I will respond as what I guess you would see as a macrista. While I know that the country is in a very difficult situation economically, there are still folks who do not think that all is lost. I know personally the director of a branch of one of the largest banks here, and he thinks that the economy is headed in the right direction macroeconomically, that the dollar needs to be as high as it is, so that Argentina can become a export-based economy, and not just in regards to el campo. There are lots of folks who think that is the economic model that Argentina needs to embrace. I will admit to not knowing a lot about economics, but that does seem to make sense to me. Becoming an export-based economy is what has allowed a number of countries like Singapore to become a real power house economically. I realize that the micro economy is the problem right now (regardless of whether the economy is headed in the right direction in the maco sense) and that lots of people are suffering. Wrangler, you asked what Macri has done since he took office (and maybe you were just talking about economically). A few things come to mind immediately: he has taken on the illegal drug trade, all kinds of mafias, and corruption here in a way the Ks, nor any other peronist group, ever has; reinserted Argentina back into the world; passed the reparacion historica for the jubilados; and fomented a lot more transparency in government. Also, lets not forget that he had to clean up a lot of Cristina's messes (ridiculous fee structure for public services, energy sector in shambles, stand off with vulture funds, the cepo, etc.) I know you will probably say that none of that matters if the economy is in shambles, which is not quite the case; Argentina is very far from being Venezuela. I am willing to continue to hope, because I have never seen anything but violence and graft from the peronists. I too think that Macri has made lots of mistakes, the first being his assumption that foreign investor would flow into the country once the Ks were gone, and the list goes on. I will add, though, that for me it's interesting, as Luis Brandoni pointed out the other night in Carlos Pagni's show, that in 2017, even though the economy had just started to recover after a difficult 2016, Cambiemos was still the most voted party in the elections. I realize the economy is in worst shape now and that the results might well be different, but even then, when it wasn't in great shape, lots of folks still voted for him and his party because of all the good things he was trying to do, albeit it without great success in some of those endeavors. Ok, boys, have at me.

Last edited:
Let me add one more thing: even though I applaud much of the things Macri is trying to do, unless all the political parties come together and sweeping structural changes are made, no government is going to be really successful. Saying that the gov't didn't explode under Cristina, is no real complement. If that is the best you can say about a gov't, you are still up shit's creek. Without a national consensus and structural changes, Argentina will never be what it could be and will continue to suffer these cyclical crises. Everyone here seems so bent on protecting their part of the pie, I don't know if anything will ever change. I sure hope that's not the case, because it's a place I love dearly.

Wrangler and Perry, I will respond as what I guess you would see as a macrista. While I know that the country is in a very difficult situation economically, there are still folks who do not think that all is lost. I know personally the director of a branch of of the largest banks here, and he thinks that the economy is headed in the right direction macroeconomically, that the dollar needs to be as high as it is, so that Argentina can become a export-based economy, and not just in regards to el campo. There are lots of folks who think that is the economic model that Argentina needs to embrace. I will admit to not knowing a lot about economics, but that does seem to make sense to me. Becoming an export-based economy is what has allowed a number of countries like Singapore to become a real power house economically. I realize that the micro economy is the problem right now (regardless of whether the economy is headed in the right direction in the maco sense) and that lots of people are suffering. Wrangler, you asked what Macri has done since he took office (and maybe you were just talking about economically). A few things come to mind immediately: he has taken on the illegal drug trade, all kinds of mafias, and corruption here in a way the Ks, nor any other peronist group, ever has; reinserted Argentina back into the world; passed the reparacion historica for the jubilados; and fomented a lot more transparency in government. Also, lets not forget that he had to clean up a lot of Cristina's messes (ridiculous fee structure for public services, energy sector in shambles, stand off with vulture funds, the cepo, etc.) I know you will probably say that none of that matters if the economy is in shambles, which is not quite the case; Argentina is very far from being Venezuela. I am willing to continue to hope, because I have never seen anything but violence and graft from the peronists. I too think that Macri has made lots of mistakes, the first being his assumption that foreign investor would flow into the country once the Ks were gone, and the list goes on. I will add, though, that for me it's interesting, as Luis Brandoni pointed out the other night in Carlos Pagni's show, that in 2017, even though the economy had just started to recover after a difficult 2016, Cambiemos was still the most voted party in the elections. I realize the economy is in worst shape now and that the results might well be different, but even then, when it wasn't in great shape, lots of folks still voted for him and his party because of all the good things he was trying to do, albeit it without great success in some of those endeavors. Ok, boys, have at me.

First of all, the opinions of banksters are the last that you want in a situation like this, because what is convenient for banksters unfortunately is NOT convenient for the majority of the people. Argentina is not back in to the world. Everyone is pulling out of Argentina, and truthfully, if you would open your eyes, and look at what foreign news outlets are reporting about Macri, they are highly critical of Macri.

He has not cleaned up any of Chrisina's Messes. In fact, he's made things much worse, and someone is going to have to clean up the errors that he has committed. No investments ever came or will come for a long time to Argentina, and thinking so is delusional The same goes with suggesting that Argentina is going to become an export powerhouse like Singapore, please, give us a break. The run of the dollar is designed to make those with a lot of money richer on the backs of the working class, and that is a fact.

They told us the dollar needed to be at 30 so exports would increase. There has not been any sign at all that exports are even beginning to increase. IN fact the latest report by INSEC listed the PBI to go down by 3.5% for the 2nd half of the year. Again, no sign at all that exports are on the rise. However, I will say that the country is starting to try to attempt to produce energy again, and can one day possibly start satisfying its energy needs, and then possibly export. Let me add that I also see no sign of any economic upturn here Argentina. Not one thing in the short term. In fact, I see things getting much worse.

You Macristas always try to distort things by blaming others, especially the Peronist Party. Whether the Peronist are responsible for anything or NOT, doesn't matter. Cambiemos is in power and has been for 3 years now, and they need to start taking some responsibility for what is going on now.

You say he has taken on the illegal drug trade, but I will give him 0 credit for that. That is a function of every government. All governments have a task
force dedicated to fighting drugs. Oh and about Macri's efforts to fight drugs. Are you aware that two in Macri's cabinet are being accused of drug trafficking??? OH, you say you are NOT???? Well MAYBE that's because the story ran in the newspapers a short time before Macri called the newspapers and had the story pulled from the headlines, so please take a look at the following link below,

https://www.clarin.com/policiales/e...ente-detuvieron-funcionarios_0_SJITPx7xQ.html

Macri has not had any success fighting drugs, the mafia, or corruption, and I think maybe one day he will have to answer questions about his own illicit activities during his presidential tenure.

You say that he is helping the jubilados??? You can't possibly be serious can you???? He has taken from the Jubilados. He has cut their retirement, in fact, this is one of the things the FMI was going to ask him to do if he hadn't don it already. hmmmm. You say transparency??? Where is that transparency you speak of??? I see the oposite actually. Macri has not been able to fulfill any of his campaign promises, nor has he been able to hit any of his economic targets in relation to inflation, jobs, and economic growth.

Why are you comparing us to Venezuela???? To try to mitigate how bad things are really here in Argentina????? Of course things are not as bad here in Venezuela, nor will they be probably, but DO YOU have any idea how bad things are in Venezuela??? There is no comparison, but that does not mean we don't have the right to criticize Macri. You sound like a political operative to me....

You make it sounds that Macri's election victory in 2015 was a repudiation. He only won by a merely 1%! He is bound to get his rear handed to him on a platter in the next election if he is silly enough to run.

Last edited:
Let me add one more thing: even though I applaud much of the things Macri is trying to do, unless all the political parties come together and sweeping structural changes are made, no government is going to be really successful. Saying that the gov't didn't explode under Cristina, is no real complement. If that is the best you can say about a gov't, you are still up shit's creek. Without a national consensus and structural changes, Argentina will never be what it could be and will continue to suffer these cyclical crises. Everyone here seems so bent on protecting their part of the pie, I don't know if anything will ever change. I sure hope that's not the case, because it's a place I love dearly.

And you seem to be attempting to shield Macri and blaming everyone else but this government for where we are today. Furthermore, you are suggesting that if everyone else doesn't dance to the beat of Macri's drum, that nothing will change, suggesting again, that the current situation is not Macri's fault, nor will it be at any point in the future. Please give us a break.

Back