Do you fear a crash similar to 2001?

You are free to ignore me if you choose to do so; however, to ignore me or any other expat simply because we are not knowledgeable about an article of Arg law strikes me as extremely telling. Hey, we are expats, not local lawyers. We can not be expected to know the content of a citation (the actual text of which you have not seen fit to cite). Your reason for refusing to respond meaningfully is so patently unreasonable that it makes me think you are just being evasive. I specifically asked you if your statement that Macri "forgave" a retroactive tax imposed on Molinos was true. The reportage suggests it is not true. Please answer that question or accept as valid the criticism that you cited false information much like a common troll who intentionally seeks to annoy others for no other reason than to "get off" by generating heated, but innocuous, debate.

Your credibility matters especially as you purport to be a legal expert albeit a proud self-confessed rude and nasty one. You may be a very successful immigration lawyer, but your conduct and words here strike me as consistent with your description of your professional demeanor.

You asserted art 99 of the NC prohibits Macri from doing what he did to hasten the resolution of the case pending for 10 years. Did the court overlook this prohibition? Is the appellate court in cahoots with Macri? Or is your interpretation of Art 99 faulty?

Being asked to clarify the basis for your assertions seems to be an anathema to you - you refuse to do so. That applies to my prior request to identify the "them" you accuse of keeping the USD artificially low in order to buy (and export) them.

The company lost the lawsuit and had to pay. The procedure for collecting the money once you loose is fast and it is at Court.

The art. 99 prohibits the President to get involved in open Court cases. He did.

He open a lost appeal before him self. And imagine who is going to decide the appeal? Him! And imagine what is going to be his decision...

He already did the same for his own companies and friends companies and always forgave the debts. Remember the 4.5 billion usd of his debt for the royalties of the argentine mail company?
Here is the source, the Presidential decree:
28AB8B35-C3DC-4713-8463-5FAF38D5D355.jpeg

Wrangler, I have arguments with which to refute some of the things you said in response to my last posts, but I am not going to share them. The reason other "macristas" have probably stopped responding in this thread is that with all your aggressive phrasing and question marks (which make it seem like you are shouting and saying, how could you be so stupid to not know this), they find your responses completely dismissive; I do. You'll have to find yourself another sparring partner, but learn to fight fair.

Well, The dollar closed around 40 reaching highs of 43. They are talking about a banking holiday for tomorrow, so you can't buy or sell dollars. Where will the dollar go, and how does Mauricio Macri contain the U.S Dollar?

There was a usd flight of 50 billion this year.

He has no interest in contain the usd now, the big companies including his owns are benefited with it.

Look, they changed the deadline for paying the income tax that normally is in may and it made them save billions of pesos. It is not the same to pay 35% of your income in tax with a usd at 23 than at 41. So, it means they (and I) pay 16% instead of 35%.

The problem is that to skyrocket the usd or inflation is the tool for defeating the unions in the salary discusion. Instead of the increase of 15% they offered, salaries sunk 60% since january.

Wrangler, I have arguments with which to refute some of the things you said in response to my last posts, but I am not going to share them. The reason other "macristas" have probably stopped responding in this thread is that with all your aggressive phrasing and question marks (which make it seem like you are shouting and saying, how could you be so stupid to not know this), they find your responses completely dismissive; I do. You'll have to find yourself another sparring partner, but learn to fight fair.

The reality is that you have no answers. Best of luck to you.

There will be no banking holiday. The peso has devalued that's all. There will be no corralito. STOP TALKING S**T!

Today they refused to give more more than 5.000 usd at the bank while they refused to exchange at the bank to a man besides me. They said it has to be done at internet but when the usd started to skyrocketing, the website was down.

So...

Wrangler and Perry, I will respond as what I guess you would see as a macrista. While I know that the country is in a very difficult situation economically, there are still folks who do not think that all is lost. I know personally the director of a branch of one of the largest banks here, and he thinks that the economy is headed in the right direction macroeconomically, that the dollar needs to be as high as it is, so that Argentina can become a export-based economy, and not just in regards to el campo. There are lots of folks who think that is the economic model that Argentina needs to embrace. I will admit to not knowing a lot about economics, but that does seem to make sense to me. Becoming an export-based economy is what has allowed a number of countries like Singapore to become a real power house economically. I realize that the micro economy is the problem right now (regardless of whether the economy is headed in the right direction in the maco sense) and that lots of people are suffering. Wrangler, you asked what Macri has done since he took office (and maybe you were just talking about economically). A few things come to mind immediately: he has taken on the illegal drug trade, all kinds of mafias, and corruption here in a way the Ks, nor any other peronist group, ever has; reinserted Argentina back into the world; passed the reparacion historica for the jubilados; and fomented a lot more transparency in government. Also, lets not forget that he had to clean up a lot of Cristina's messes (ridiculous fee structure for public services, energy sector in shambles, stand off with vulture funds, the cepo, etc.) I know you will probably say that none of that matters if the economy is in shambles, which is not quite the case; Argentina is very far from being Venezuela. I am willing to continue to hope, because I have never seen anything but violence and graft from the peronists. I too think that Macri has made lots of mistakes, the first being his assumption that foreign investor would flow into the country once the Ks were gone, and the list goes on. I will add, though, that for me it's interesting, as Luis Brandoni pointed out the other night in Carlos Pagni's show, that in 2017, even though the economy had just started to recover after a difficult 2016, Cambiemos was still the most voted party in the elections. I realize the economy is in worst shape now and that the results might well be different, but even then, when it wasn't in great shape, lots of folks still voted for him and his party because of all the good things he was trying to do, albeit it without great success in some of those endeavors. Ok, boys, have at me.

I agree with you that the usd so low was destroying the country.

However, it is amazing how many members of Cambiemos were caught trafficking drugs. Lilita Carrio’s son is a narco of a mexican cartel. The mayor of Parana was associated with a dangerous cartel and many membera of Cambiemos were arrested traficking drugs.

The whole show about the cuadernos is because CFK is growing to much in vote intention so, Brandoni’s assertions are outdated.

Last edited:

They stop responding because they have shame. Reality is in your face.

There's no middle ground anywhere in the world. 'Centrism' is just rightism except with a suit, tie, and a kind demeanor. The economics of the right and the 'centre' are exactly the same - neoliberalism.

Peronism is not even a leftist ideology, it's simple social democracy which is centre left at most.

It's pretty funny to watch the US expats freak out over what are very very bog standard European capitalist politics. Peron quite literally got his ideas from the young social democratic systems he saw in Europe during the late 30s.
Today they refused to give more more than 5.000 usd at the bank while they refused to exchange at the bank to a man besides me. They said it has to be done at internet but when the usd started to skyrocketing, the website was down.

So...
They tried the ' you have to do it online' crap with me. It was only when I kicked up a fuss that they relented and claimed to have misunderstood me.

Becoming an export-based economy is what has allowed a number of countries like Singapore to become a real power house economically.

Singapore is a tiny island that produces absolutely no primary products of its own, and its position as a hub for global finance is what really props it up anyway. Do you actually think it's a valid comparison for Argentina?

There will be no banking holiday. The peso has devalued that's all. There will be no corralito. STOP TALKING S**T!

Argentina has had 7 economic collapses in the last 50 years and now you are saying that this is no longer possible because of what reason? The foreign debt is actually nearly 3 times larger than 2001 when Argentina defaulted on 90 billion dollars . The current debt is over 200 billion dollars . How do you believe Argentina can pay this when it has no foreign investment . no business investment except espectulation on bonds that are paying the worlds highest interest rate , and rising unemployment . The foreign reserves are declining rapidly with Macris futile attempt to prop up the peso . They are a measly 54 billion dollars but the government debt is the worlds highest per capita meaning we are up shit creek !
Also to add Argentina has a very serious drought at the moment meaning its a perfect storm .

I more than anyone hope that I am wrong in my prediction but I am a realist and will not keep up the charade that Argentina is wonderful and everything is fine .

Last edited:
Back