Do you wear a diamond engagement ring?

I am sorry but I am laughing a bit at some responses. I live in a good area of Palermo (as I have bragged previously) and knock on wood I have never had a tense moment here in three years. But my friend tells me she was once knocked down near here on the sidewalk by 3 men who took her nice high-heeled shoes and left her barefooted. No thanks. I won't wear diamonds here. If I were going to a private party or opera or something and took a taxi directly there, I might, if I even kept them here, which I don't. I'm happy for those who wear them though, and still have possession! That's great.

I bought my wife a fairly large diamond ring when we got engaged many years ago in Buenos Aires. She wore it daily and didn't have problems but she never took the bus or subway at all. I also wore daily a diamond ring given to me by my parents. Haven't taken it off since I was in college and didn't want to change that living in Buenos Aires. I never had any problems.

Really, I've never heard about someone getting their ring stolen. However, I have known several friends and tourists that got their Rolex or Cartier watch stolen. Thieves seem to target Rolex and Cartier watches.

Probably smart to be cautious as things are getting worse and worse there but I never had any problems with my ring.

Personally, I wouldn't walk around wearing a diamond engagement ring here. Just too risky.

I have a white gold wedding band, which I think is a great way to go here, since most people think it is just silver.

Back