Does Anybody Have A Highpowerd Air Rifle And Is A Good Shot?

In my apartment building in New York City, the lobby was glass on 3 sides. The birds thought they could fly in one side and out the other. Some owl replicas were hung where the birds could see them and this did a good job of preventing them from crashing into the glass.

On my sailboat I would tie up old CD's. The reflection from the sun would keep birds , and their droppings away. Not sure if it works on pigeons.

I had the same problem here in my balcony. At first I thought they were cute & started to feed them. Then every time I wanted to sit out I had to "clean" up the droppings
A pair of Turtle Doves even nested on the flower box of my downstairs neighbor. See link. I finally got tired of them, bought a slingshot and now the problem is for the most part gone.

http://www.auctiva.c...ormat=0&lgdin=1

A slingshot here is called a "gomera" You can get them at the local hardware store or in mercado libre. For ammunition I use the bottle metal beer caps.
I crushed them into little round balls with a pair of pliers while I'm watching TV. They're the perfect size & perfect weight.

While I'm with you on the pigeons, you should leave the turtle doves be. Its a migratory species, and will return to that same box every year for the rest of its life. Actually a very beautiful thing when you consider the great distances they travel and the accuracy of their return. Had a pair return to one of the flower boxes in a house I rented in San Telmo. Same pair returned every year within a two week margin to raise their brood, then left when the chicks could fly. kinda cool. As for the pigeons... a quick death is more than they deserve... twenty foot long balcony, and the bastards only shit on the cloths I leave hanging to dry...yet never on the balcony. death to all pigeons...

And what if you buy a cat replica and place it where this pigeon lands? Makes a very nice decoration too, like Chatby Chic, the latest French trend.

Optional: if you have an antipathic neighbour who has a garden, place some seeds there.

I'd be willing to bet that if this worked at all, it wouldn't work for very long. I've seen more than a few plastic owls covered in pigeon shit. I don't think pigeons are smart enough to know they should be afraid of a decoy.

A shoot range place in General Rodriguez will pay 32 pesos for it, as long as it can fly?

If you have a laser pointer - they hate those.

I was able to get rid of pigeons with the laser pointer, spray bottle, tomato netting on balcony rail, etc. And only because I was usually home to harass them did they finally leave.

As some one had said before, this thread is turning really hilarious!

Back