Does Anyone Need Pesos?

One of very few countries in the civilised world where exchanging currency with friends, colleagues or any other means besides through the thieving state is considered a crime and yest we all do it, they know we do it and it's the Argentine way. No, let me correct that, it's a pretty basic human right.
Honestly Bajo, you're like a tired old record stuck in the same old groove.

Explain that to AFIP and accept a free advice. As everything illegal, the best is to have low profile.

One of very few countries in the civilised world where exchanging currency with friends, colleagues or any other means besides through the thieving state is considered a crime and yest we all do it, they know we do it and it's the Argentine way. No, let me correct that, it's a pretty basic human right.

Well, in NYC i cannot drink a beer in the street because it is illegal, ridiculous but illegal.

He is a man of the law and we are lucky that we have a knowledgable legal background person regularly participating here. Lets cut some slack, here..shall we?

Reactions: Joe
He is a man of the law and we are lucky that we have a knowledgable legal background person regularly participating here. Lets cut some slack, here..shall we?

When he says something incoherent, he should have to answer for it, professional qualifications notwithstanding.

I've never heard this quite so clearly. Two private individuals exchanging currency I've always thought is a grey area. Is it indeed criminal, and where is it described as such?

It is important to understand that it is a crime because you might have bad luck but if you close your mouth your criminal lawyer can fix it. But if you start with this arguing then, you are going to be convicted.
There are several agencies that started to do on line searchs, AFIP is one of them. So, i wouldn't jeopardize myself but you are free to do whatever you like. better, more work for lawyers.

When he says something incoherent, he should have to answer for it, professional qualifications notwithstanding.

What about liars, expat status notwithstanding. Should they have to answer for their dishonesty?

Back