Does Argentina has such thing as eBay to sell electronics items

Hop said:
Unless you've already got an excellent seller reputation on mercadolibre, very few buyers will be willing to pay first and then have items shipped. And given all the restrictions on imports in Argentina, especially on electronics, I doubt you'll get much interest at all for fear of having items stuck in customs for an indefinite period of time/ridiculous taxes.

Besides, why bother with shipping if you're coming here anyway?
"cause I will be carrying the Newly_acquired_ replacement to the afore mentioned personal Electronics..In another word, I already have newer=
Digi-Cameras SLR, Handy CamCorders, iphones, etc.. Therefore I shouldn't be bringing in duplication of my Gadgets, won't I? The Argie _Aduanas_ will find and questions me as to: Why 2 CamCorders, 2 iphones,2 Digi-Cameras etc.. Then levy me a hefty Taxes on them! Or Am I worrying too much? Therefore would like to sell it online, thus avoiding the possible future hussles.

citygirl said:
I think the OP meant shipping the good from here in Argentina, so as to avoid meeting the buyer face to face.

Unless you have a good reputation/selling history on mercadolibre, I don't think people are going to risk paying you and having you ship the goods to them. And you would need to be relatively fluent in Spanish to coordinate with the buyers.

Why deal with the hassle? Sell them before coming down. And while customs is usually pretty lenient with tourists, I think you might find that bringing a suitcase of electronic goods with multiples of each will raise some red flags and you might get hit with some import taxes since bringing things into Argentina to sell is a no-no.

(And yes, I travel all the time with multiple phones, laptops, etc for work/personal use. But that's different from bringing in a lot of camcorders, digital cams, iphones, etc as the OP originally alluded to)
Hi CitiGirl..No, I won't be bringing in(A lot) just multiple of duplicated items. Only the old items for sale(Was thinking) and the newly acquired ones.. So you travel with many Electronics items often and do_not get censored_ at Argie Airports? Can I tell them, if I get searched, those old ones are for "Gifts" for my BsAs residing friends? I am not too good lying!

Hybrid Ambassador said:
"cause I will be carrying the Newly_acquired_ replacement to the afore mentioned personal Electronics..In another word, I already have newer=
Digi-Cameras SLR, Handy CamCorders, iphones, etc.. Therefore I shouldn't be bringing in duplication of my Gadgets, won't I? The Argie _Aduanas_ will find and questions me as to: Why 2 CamCorders, 2 iphones,2 Digi-Cameras etc.. Then levy me a hefty Taxes on them! Or Am I worrying too much? Therefore would like to sell it online, thus avoiding the possible future hussles.

I am not sure that you understand how MercadoLibre generally works, or Argentina for that matter. Most small transactions are are completed in person, with payment in cash, there is also MercadoPago, and bank deposit, among others, but those wont work for you.
If you want to sell your electronics in Argentina then you will need to bring them through customs(this is what increases the value versus the US value) as shipping into Argentina can be a nightmare, but if it was easy Argentines would just buy from Ebay in the US at much better prices and have the item shipped to them, but alas that is not an option.

So you have two choices sell your stuff in the US at lower prices with lower hassle, or bring it into Argentina with you, and sell it here for more money, and more hassle, but you seem to want the best of both worlds which is not an option.

Greg2231 said:
I am not sure that you understand how MercadoLibre generally works, or Argentina for that matter. Most small transactions are are completed in person, with payment in cash, there is also MercadoPago, and bank deposit, among others, but those wont work for you.
If you want to sell your electronics in Argentina then you will need to bring them through customs(this is what increases the value versus the US value) as shipping into Argentina can be a nightmare, but if it was easy Argentines would just buy from Ebay in the US at much better prices and have the item shipped to them, but alas that is not an option.

So you have two choices sell your stuff in the US at lower prices with lower hassle, or bring it into Argentina with you, and sell it here for more money, and more hassle, but you seem to want the best of both worlds which is not an option.

Ok Greg2231, But here is the question again, please comment after reading my post. Can I possibly bring my newly acquired Gadgets and the _older for sale items_ free of Taxes , when I am entering BsAs?

>Digi-Cameras SLR, Handy CamCorders, iphones, etc.. Therefore I shouldn't be bringing in duplication of my Gadgets, won't I? The Argie _Aduanas_ will find and questions me as to: Why 2 CamCorders, 2 iphones,2 Digi-Cameras etc.. Then levy me a hefty Taxes on them! Or Am I worrying too much?

Hybrid Ambassador said:
But here is the question again, please comment after reading my post. Can I possibly bring my newly acquired Gadgets and the _older for sale items_ free of Taxes , when I am entering BsAs?

You can bring what you like into Argentina (subject to it not being on the prohibited list - explosives etc.) but if stopped by Aduanas you will be taxed on new items that exceed the US$300 limit. Yes you can bring in items for personal use like a new laptop and maybe get away with it, but it you bring 2 camcorders they probably won't believe they are both for personal use. Gifts are allowed but only up to the total limit of US$ 300 which also includes new personal items.

Hybrid Ambassador said:
Ok Greg2231, But here is the question again, please comment after reading my post. Can I possibly bring my newly acquired Gadgets and the _older for sale items_ free of Taxes , when I am entering BsAs?

>Digi-Cameras SLR, Handy CamCorders, iphones, etc.. Therefore I shouldn't be bringing in duplication of my Gadgets, won't I? The Argie _Aduanas_ will find and questions me as to: Why 2 CamCorders, 2 iphones,2 Digi-Cameras etc.. Then levy me a hefty Taxes on them! Or Am I worrying too much?

Most likely you will be fine, and will just pass right through customs with out a problem, however if you are loaded to the gills with stuff, or the customs officer has a hair up his ass it is possible that you may be stopped, and required to pay duty to customs of 50% of the value as determined by them on the items.

You should also learn how to use the search feature on this forum, because all these questions you keep asking have already been answered multipule times.

Greg2231 said:
Most likely you will be fine, and will just pass right through customs with out a problem, however if you are loaded to the gills with stuff, or the customs officer has a hair up his ass it is possible that you may be stopped, and required to pay duty to customs of 50% of the value as determined by them on the items.

You should also learn how to use the search feature on this forum, because all these questions you keep asking have already been answered multipule times.
Hi Greg2231, I won't be loaded as you describe above. Just my new items but won't be bringing it in a box. Also the older units as well..
Search features...It does not turn many topic Iam looking, anyways,thank you for your pointer.

Hybrid Ambassador said:
Search features...It does not turn many topic Iam looking, anyways,thank you for your pointer.

Yah the search can be tedious to use, it took me a whole 30 seconds to find 5 results that directly link to your questions, oh and there are more results out there but I figured, this should get you started:)

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/24467-selling-mercadolibre.html

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/24112-what-exactly-mercado-libre.html

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/3157-laptop-taxa-ezeiza-beware.html

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/20285-getting-electronics-eze.html

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/4202-looking-advice-importing.html

jez said:
You can bring what you like into Argentina (subject to it not being on the prohibited list - explosives etc.) but if stopped by Aduanas you will be taxed on new items that exceed the US$300 limit. Yes you can bring in items for personal use like a new laptop and maybe get away with it, but it you bring 2 camcorders they probably won't believe they are both for personal use. Gifts are allowed but only up to the total limit of US$ 300 which also includes new personal items.

Hi jez, thanks for your input. So up to US$300 is permissible to declare as gifts. How is the _Aduana_ or the Argie custom would determine the value of an _used electronics gizmoes_?

The leader in the market is without a doubt MercadoLibre.com.ar Actually, they are the partners of eBay in LatinAmerica. You can check it out going to the homepage and then making click on the right bottom corner on "Otros Países" (other countries). There, you'll see Estados Unidos in the list. If you make click there, you go directly to eBay.
Another portal of the same style is deRemate.com.ar, they are quite similar.
I'm an experienced user of mercadolibre with excellent reputation. In case you need some help contact me by PM.
Regards,
Juan

Back