Does Scioli Know The Party He Represents?

Macri at one point referred to Scioli as a cassette tape. I bust up laughing because I'd been thinking pretty much the same thing, different media type, for quite a while before Macri said that.

Except for people like two of the members of this forum, who think that every word that comes out of Macri's mouth is a lie and wouldn't listen to him if he was warning them of their impending demise as a bus is about to run them down (which, unfortunately, there are quite a few of in Argentina), Macri won hands down. The question is, how many of the people of Argentina think he's a liar because they swallow everything that Scioli says simply because he's Cristina's party's candidate?

Because Macri was pretty confident, sincere and knowledgeable, in my opinion. He was openly saying "dude, everyone can see that you all aren't actually wearing any clothes. Enough of the BS. Let's try some reality for a while." He basically dared Scioli to lie openly on TV about some INDEC statistics (I believe, now I can't remember what it was for sure, poverty percent I think?) and Scioli just went into recording playback mode in his answer. Throwing out irrational fear of the Macri-monster, the demon from the lower, torturous depths of hell who is going to take away all your hard-earned subsidies, and bring Argentina to its knees before Lucifer itself. Scioli looked like a mafia boss running for office and promising his cadre of supporters more and better sweet stuff once he gets into the pilot's seat.

I really can't understand how anyone could believe Scioli over Macri, but we all have our own blinders, I suppose.

BTW - did anyone see how much, at certain profile angles, Scioli looks like Nixon? Hehe.

This is epic :D

xbM9O7O.png

Scioli's performance was terrible. Not even the guys on TV Pública could hide it, telling the audience what he "should" have said during the commercial breaks.

I never thought Macri could ever win because he lacks charisma. I still think he has a really hard time connecting with people outside of the capital, for example. That said, I never counted on the FVP putting up a candidate who has less charisma than Macri. How has Scioli made it this far politically?

The score in the Social Networks survey was 85 to 15 Macri If you didn't watch the pic sums up the results

They need to work on their stage lights. Looked more like a rock concert than a debate. And why can't politicians here wear ties? I watched 5 minutes and trying to be as fair and nonpartisan as an expat can be, I think macri clearly won. Scioli looked like a mafia boss on trial who got arrested red handed. I told my argentine wife, this is the easiest debate, there is no way Scioli can defend his parties record, and sure enough he rambled on and never really said anything coherent, just like Cristina, using complicated nonsense to confuse the ignorant poor argentines.

I don't think the debate really changes anything though. It will all come down to who the people who voted for massa, vote for, basically like in the USA it comes down to undecided and independent voters.

Scioli's performance was terrible. Not even the guys on TV Pública could hide it, telling the audience what he "should" have said during the commercial breaks.

I never thought Macri could ever win because he lacks charisma. I still think he has a really hard time connecting with people outside of the capital, for example. That said, I never counted on the FVP putting up a candidate who has less charisma than Macri. How has Scioli made it this far politically?
Which reminds of what was once said about Geoffrey Howe MP, 'Being attacked by Geoffrey is akin to being savaged by a dead sheep.'

Back