Does Scioli Know The Party He Represents?

Macri won hands down. He was polished, his timing great, scioli couldn't manage the time limits and was clearly frustrated by the moderators enforcing them.

If elections here weren't onligiatory, la campora would probably sleep in. Scioli is tossing them under the bus in order to broaden his appeal but desperation isn't sexy and Scioli had desperation coming out of his pores.

I don't buy the whole "Macri has no charisma" BS. The same way I don't think Cristina has any charisma whatsoever (but she's won 2 elections). Whether someone is charismatic or not is completely subjective. I'm sure there were people who thought Scioli did an amazing job last night and is a totally likable guy.

Anyway, I personally would have liked for Scioli to be a little calmer and actually do better than the weirdness he put on last night. It was a disappointment. The way he was going at it I thought next he was going to claim that Macri played an essential role in the holocaust. I mean, give me a friggin break! Everyone I have talked to, even people who were supporters of Scioli (not FPV), are sick and tired of the campaign run by Scioli and his people. And this isn't just the people from the city of Buenos Aires but also the provincia, and Misiones.

Scioli went overboard with Hawaiian Tropic Orange? self tanning as mentioned by a commentator.

Scioli went overboard with Hawaiian Tropic Orange? self tanning as mentioned by a commentator.

Jaja Was just going to say that dousing himself in creosote or gravy browning wasn´t a great look. He looked like a tanned corpse. Macri who normally looks like skeletor looked positively youthful in comparison.

They need to work on their stage lights. Looked more like a rock concert than a debate.

I made the same comment, and my partner just looked at me with an "¿Y?" face.

It must be my experience in broadcast TV news that made me think that.

Macri sidestepped as many inconvenient questions as Scioli did. Nobody knows how he is going to actually govern, same as Scioli. Nobody bothered asking either if the candidates where will the money come from to pay for all their promises. Nobody took advantage of a question thrown their way to stake out or even defend a position that may in any way be controversial, relying on the courage of their convictions.

Even a normal conversation wasn't possible, because the impossibility of normal rules being respected forced the imposition of iron 'no interruption' rules which totally stifled the possibility of a good back-and-forth but at least made the debate workable to some baby extent.

Only in Argentina are baby steps such as these called a good debate, and only next to a blowhard, blustering, poorly prepared, incoherent, poor caricature of a Mafioso figure such as Scioli can Macri be called a good candidate.

Who knows? Maybe he'll make a great president. But nothing in this debate leads to the conviction that that will be the case.

The debate did make clear that Macri is the better candidate, but only because it conclusively showed Scioli to be mind-bogglingly bad. Where Macri could attempt to appear presidential and composed, Scioli repeatedly showed that he couldn't even pretend. Only a bunch of obviously hollow, patronizing, "estoy luchando para vos acá!" appropriate for a local gremio. Truly pathetic, truly Argentine.

But will Macri, in fact, be any good as president when not standing side-by-side with this buffoon? Only time will tell.

Macri only hot air Promises? Scioli has a record of failure of 8 years as Governor... :cool:

- did anyone see how much, at certain profile angles, Scioli looks like Nixon? Hehe.

Yes....absolutely. Unfortunately for Scioli, the lighting made him look terrible - his hair was pouffed up, the blue light created very unflattering shadows on his face. I thought the same thing - poor Scioli is Nixon at the JFK/Nixon debate.

Back