Does Scioli Know The Party He Represents?

Someone should have told scioli that burnt orange doesnt go well with celeste..and the croaky dude needs to drink more honey and ass milk. Ah.. the delights of ass milk..

I don't buy the whole "Macri has no charisma" BS. The same way I don't think Cristina has any charisma whatsoever (but she's won 2 elections). Whether someone is charismatic or not is completely subjective. I'm sure there were people who thought Scioli did an amazing job last night and is a totally likable guy.

Anyway, I personally would have liked for Scioli to be a little calmer and actually do better than the weirdness he put on last night. It was a disappointment. The way he was going at it I thought next he was going to claim that Macri played an essential role in the holocaust. I mean, give me a friggin break! Everyone I have talked to, even people who were supporters of Scioli (not FPV), are sick and tired of the campaign run by Scioli and his people. And this isn't just the people from the city of Buenos Aires but also the provincia, and Misiones.
I have to disagree with you here mate. Much that I loath Cristina, she does have charisma in spades and only turns it on when it suits her, much like the empathy. In so many ways, she's the perfect politician and one that, paradoxically we will miss taking the piss out of when she finally gets sent out to graze.

I have to disagree with you here mate. Much that I loath Cristina, she does have charisma in spades and only turns it on when it suits her, much like the empathy. In so many ways, she's the perfect politician and one that, paradoxically we will miss taking the piss out of when she finally gets sent out to graze.

I agree with you except the last part. I wont miss her in the slightest. And its possible that we havent seen the last of her.

True... IMO CFK is one of the best or the best speakers in South America , a woman with great charisma and leadership that has developed a personality cult ... Bachelet doesn't have it nor Dilma nor Merkel . No other living individual in this country has such a Follow...! (only Evita)
She may have a prominent position in FAO or UN...?

PD . I disagree with her FPV policies

Macri sidestepped as many inconvenient questions as Scioli did. Nobody knows how he is going to actually govern, same as Scioli. Nobody bothered asking either if the candidates where will the money come from to pay for all their promises. Nobody took advantage of a question thrown their way to stake out or even defend a position that may in any way be controversial, relying on the courage of their convictions.

Even a normal conversation wasn't possible, because the impossibility of normal rules being respected forced the imposition of iron 'no interruption' rules which totally stifled the possibility of a good back-and-forth but at least made the debate workable to some baby extent.

Only in Argentina are baby steps such as these called a good debate, and only next to a blowhard, blustering, poorly prepared, incoherent, poor caricature of a Mafioso figure such as Scioli can Macri be called a good candidate.

Who knows? Maybe he'll make a great president. But nothing in this debate leads to the conviction that that will be the case.

The debate did make clear that Macri is the better candidate, but only because it conclusively showed Scioli to be mind-bogglingly bad. Where Macri could attempt to appear presidential and composed, Scioli repeatedly showed that he couldn't even pretend. Only a bunch of obviously hollow, patronizing, "estoy luchando para vos acá!" appropriate for a local gremio. Truly pathetic, truly Argentine.

But will Macri, in fact, be any good as president when not standing side-by-side with this buffoon? Only time will tell.

Brilliant analysis. Kudos and thanks.

Reactions: ben
Let me repeat: we will miss taking the piss out of her. That doesn't mean we will actually miss her.
Besides, what are Lanata and the TN people going to rant about about after December 10?

If scioli wins they'll continue pursuing the ks. If macri wins theyll do the same but putting more pressure on macri to try to bring about prosecutions though very difficult seeing how the judiciary is balanced in the ks favor and dont forget congress will still have a huge presence of ks.

Even if Macri wins, it will only be by a narrow margin. There will be plenty of the old targets around for Lanata, and some new ones as well.

The real question is what will happen with the contributors on 678, most of whom make loads of money off the current government. If the Ks are no longer there to line their pockets, will the panelists hang around? They will for a bit but I'm sure some will just lose interest if there's no money in it. The equivalent TVP in most countries is not the place to become wealthy.

Back