Dollar Blue Rate After The Elections

Like about every damn closed minded self appointed expert, they fail to understand the meaning of "unintended consequences": knock on effect.

Let me help you with that Dennis...
'Like about every damn closed minded self appointed expert, they fail to understand the meaning of free choice and a free market.

Hope the euro goes up, finally is Arg's prices getting reasonable. I'm not saying it's cheap Asian or Ecuador/Peru/Bolivia style but it's getting better according to the crap services and goods you get here.

As someone who is now paid in Australs, I mean pesos, I'm very afraid of how further dear leader is going to screw the country
Venezuela Style. The trick now is getting the money out of here as fast as possible every month to combat inflation, devaluation,
and brace for the impending economic shit storm that is going to be October 27th, 2013-October XX, 2015.

Cómo se dice: I'll put that FOREX purchase on my VISA please, anyone?

There is one scenario in which the “blue rate” could weaken, a big devaluation of the “official rate” along with the loosening of exchange controls. Although unlikely, this would mean the gap getween the blue and official would narrow or disappear. In this scenario, the new exchange rate would likely be somewhere in the middle, say 8.

Hope the euro goes up, finally is Arg's prices getting reasonable. I'm not saying it's cheap Asian or Ecuador/Peru/Bolivia style but it's getting better according to the crap services and goods you get here.
In Argentina you pay two prices for every transaction. The Peso Price and the attendant Stomach Acid produced while burning up valuable time to do gyrations needed to obtain the cash, fill out the paper, stand in the line .................................and.

There is one scenario in which the “blue rate” could weaken, a big devaluation of the “official rate” along with the loosening of exchange controls. Although unlikely, this would mean the gap getween the blue and official would narrow or disappear. In this scenario, the new exchange rate would likely be somewhere in the middle, say 8.

You go ahead sell all your US$ at $9.60 and buy then back later at 8 .... What a deal...!! sure the inside traders are already at work putting downwards pressure on the US$...... :D

Unintended consequences of currency controls:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/10/21/venezuela-flights/3012803/

The government's need for Dollars isn't getting weaker, it is getting stronger. I don't see anyone standing in line to offer credit to Argentina.

Dollars aren't getting more prevalent, they are getting scarcer. I don't see a bunch of people trying to stash their Dollars in Argentina.

My crystal ball says:

1. If you live here and make your money in Dollars you will be getting happier.

2. If you live here and make your money in Pesos you will be getting unhappier.

GS

Back