Dollar Blue Rate After The Elections

I know i could get more, when i exchange in the beggining of the month i go to microcentro and get a better deal, but it wasnt a big amount of money to make it worth going to microcentro... What worried me is that it went down 0.05 from morning to afternoon. I was just wondering based on whay it went down like this..

Having spent the last 9 years coming to Argentina, a few times a year back then, and now once a year, it's fascinating and sad to watch the country be torn apart in slow motion. Just got here this morning and I guess I'll be running on Pesos left over from last time, waiting to exchange some U$S for a couple days...

I tell my friends in the US that being in Argentina is like watching a train derail catastrophically in slow motion, while from a safe distance and sitting on a very comfortable couch. The outcome does not affect me at all, since I am not paid in pesos, but it is still very ugly to watch.

Sorry my spanish isn't great, but is it correct that because of the stricter controls, people now take 12/1 as a dollar rate? Wouldn't it make more sense that if controls tighten the blue rate would go down instead of up, as it is a harder business?

Same as drugs. What happen to the price of drugs as you impose more controls? Does it go up or down?

Yesterday early, or Friday afternoon. Appear to have been the days to sell dollars.

But if CFK does something nuts, it will shoot up. If she opens things up, there will probably be a bank run on dollars. She's kind of handcuffed at this point.

I guess as a foreigner I see 'the price' here as the price of pesos for my dollars, which is effectively going down. But just to be clear I won't get 12/1 if I wanna do a cambio right?

Yesterday early, or Friday afternoon. Appear to have been the days to sell dollars.

But if CFK does something nuts, it will shoot up. If she opens things up, there will probably be a bank run on dollars. She's kind of handcuffed at this point.

It's a decision whether she wants the official rate to stay low or the blue rate to go down, you can't get it both. Any thoughts on what she'll prefer?

I guess as a foreigner I see 'the price' here as the price of pesos for my dollars, which is effectively going down. But just to be clear I won't get 12/1 if I wanna do a cambio right?

Yes no cambio at $12,..... only some stores on Florida placed signs to allure tourists in and buy products, sure they raised the price of goods accordingly jajajjajaj :D

Back