Dollars as a tourist

El chabon

Registered
I would like to know if you can change pesos to dollars at the official rate at change offices?

I heard that you need a ATM reciept showing you you have the funds, is this correct? How much can you change? Does the money need to come from a foreign bank account? Anybody who tried to do this transaction and maybe even with an Argentine account?

Thanks for your help

Yes, I was asked for the ATM receipts at the Buquebus Terminal Cambio. I had to go to Uruguay to cash my pesos into dollars.

What is an ATM reciept? Don't think you have access to it if you are a (perm) tourist here

Yeah I wanted to know if I can go into a cambio and buy dollars with a stack of pesos as I am a "tourist" here :)

citygirl said:
Let me make it simple.

No. Nyet. Nein. Non.

Shall I continue?
Not even tourists can buy USD?
Mind you, if you are a tourist you bring them with you;)

I dont think every tourist can or wants to travel with dollars or doesnt can or want to find a arbolito o cueva

We tried to change pesos last week, as "tourists" and we were asked to present a "comprobante" of previous transactions that were done when we first arrived here. Unfortunately i had no recipe of those but my husband did and was able to change money. I dunno if this still works given the fact that rules are constantly changing :/

Back