North American Tourist Shot While Buying Dollars On Florida

Davidglen77

Registered
This happened in the building that I was working in today on the corner of Florida and Lavalle. There are several casas de cambio in the area and a tourist was buying dollars and was held up and shot. I saw the police catch the criminals and they had them down on the ground around the corner on Maipú all bloody and the shot and bloody tourist was taken out of the building on a stretcher in front of me. I am sick to my stomach.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1529285-balearon-a-un-turista-en-calle-florida

How will this affect the Arbolitos business.?? It's now in the news 8.15 pm.

What a relief he's still alive....I sincerely hope he makes it. Certainly a brave person, not one to go downn without a fight.
Aparently, I just read that two Colombians have been arrested. Hang in there sir, you have to get through this.

I suppose some expats will go on saying that this sort of thing happens everywhere in the world, is common in New York etc. BA is really much safer than New York etc...

Nowadays when I travel outside Argentina, especially outside Latin America, I meet people who have heard that BA has a very high crime rate. It seems now that the image of the city in terms of security is like Rio's some years ago. I have watched the decline for quite a few years. I believe it's no coincidence that the acceleration began with the Kirchners and their highly permissive attitude toward delinquents. It is tragic.

That really sucks. As I always say, don't follow people on Florida.

Anyway the article has an error. Surely he was selling dollars, not buying them.

And then they take him to Hospital Argerich. Talk about a bad trip....

That really sucks. As I always say, don't follow people on Florida.

Anyway the article has an error. Surely he was selling dollars, not buying them.

And then they take him to Hospital Argerich. Talk about a bad trip....

I remember some years ago one of those balconies on Florida that are never inspected (or if inspected nothing is ever done to assure that they are maintained) fell on a tourist and badly injured him. He was taken to IADT - one of the best private hospitals in the city. The mayor went to the hospital to apologize to the tourist. The city paid the bill at IADT. The tourist was satisfied that he had been well treated and said that the medical care he had received at IADT was probably better than he would have received in the US. This was before MACRI and I am almost sure before the Kirchners .

Maybe this is a case of the Chickens Coming Home to Roost. Instead of getting money from the ATM, he chose to skirt the law and use the Black Market. By using the Black Market he was directly helping to exacerbate Argentina's currency crisis. This Yanqui and the Cultura de Vulture Capitalismo are both hurting the Peso and the Poor!

vulture_face.jpg

No Justicia, No Paz!

Yes, Joe, that's right - God was probably punishing that tourist. And the tourist I mentioned in my post who got knocked on the head by a bit of broken Florida Street balcony that had been allowed to decay for years was also guilty. After all the vultures caused the decline of Argentina which directly led to the deterioration of building maintenance. Those tourists got what they deserved.

Maybe this is a case of the Chickens Coming Home to Roost. Instead of getting money from the ATM, he chose to skirt the law and use the Black Market. By using the Black Market he was directly helping to exacerbate Argentina's currency crisis. This Yanqui and the Cultura de Vulture Capitalismo are both hurting the Peso and the Poor!

No Justicia, No Paz!

Wow, so the currency crisis is his fault? Not because the government is printing money to cover its expenses? Not because the government is ignoring the laws of supply and demand? Not because Argentina has no access to the world credit markets due to its past defaults?
The currency crisis instead is hapening because people refuse to sell their dollars for an arbitrary and unrealistic price set by the government? Interesting.

Back