Don't Ask Me! I Don't Know! I'm Just The Minister Of Economy

Your argument doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter if poverty might be used as an election topic. If economy is a possible election topic, do you stop publishing economic statistics? Also looking for bad actions of other countries - that exist - does not change any fact about Argentina. It's just a deflection from the local issue and you as an educated person should know that... And finally, I know what la campora is (who doesn't know the large groups of young, chubby, not-so-well-educated people screaming CFK whenever some free choripans are up for a grab...) - I just don't see why you ask the question as again, this had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

When someone come with a superior morality (puritanism) about that a country must do this and that, and this person is from the US, sorry but I cannot take it seriously.

And here you are wrong. La Campora is what we all know but I m not talking about that.

There was someone called Campora. Make the effort to google it and then we can have a serious debate about local politics.

If someone tries to make an argument and gets proven wrong, then just switches topics (by making more false statements about superior morality or origin of persons), I don't think this person is really interested in a "serious debate" but tries to make propaganda ;) FWIW, I don't have any problem with people who are CFK fans or want to see the "classical values" of peronism in a country; but one should be honest about it and not hide some inconvenient facts (e.g., poverty figures) as this doesn't fit with any definition of moral...

It doesn't matter if poverty might be used as an election topic. If economy is a possible election topic, do you stop publishing economic statistics?

It's a farcical situation, but this needs to be put in context.

To start with, poverty isn't an simple thing to quantify. There isn't a universally accepted definition. The government have their own definitions, which they use to inform policies such as the "universal asignacion por hijo". Their definitions of poverty are relevant to their goals and their policies. These goals and policies are not shared by opposition parties or hostile media. They might as well have asked him "how many people in Argentina aren't doing so well" and then acted outraged when he said he didn't know.

If they had asked him "how many people qualify as indigente, based on your quantifiable definition of indigencia" he might have been able to answer. But he would need to explain what indigencia is, and how and why they quantify it in the way they do. And even if he tried to explain what the data indicated, the press would report that "Axel still thinks you all live on 6 pesos a day". Not surprised he chose to keep his mouth shut, even though he looks feeble for doing so.

The "6 pesos a day" debacle was a sad day for journalism, and a damning indictment of the state of the media in this country. A story that should have been debunked as bogus within a couple of news cycles ran, and ran, and ran. Eventually even the international media began parroting local press screeching points. Unfortunately smug stories about loony latinos, barmy argies and their silly economies and policies are popular in the international press. Case studies on how effective hostile media blocs are when they align to disseminate propaganda aren't a top reporting priority, strangely enough.

The government's work in reducing poverty has won it votes, both from the people who have benefitted (who the opposition dismiss as being "bought") and the people who do not benefit directly but ideologically agree with it. Their vote is still in play.

Publishing poverty statistics proved politically disastrous, so it appears that the government simply stopped publishing them. Which is ridiculous. It's also a ridiculous situation to be in - feeling unable to publish national data because it will be misrepresented, used against you and will cost you political support. But this is ultimately what happens when you have weak institutions, a weak press, and weak government.

Hey I know it is a hallowed BAExpats tradition to take a few random quotes without context and extrapolate them into ideological death matches, but might I ask in this case if anyone heard or saw a transcript of the original interview? I have been waterboarding the internet to find a transcript but zilch so far. The interview was with Telam which published an article with a bunch of quotes but not the full transcript, and Radio Mitre and its parent company Grupo Clarín published a gaggle of articles with just two or three short citations.

The day after, Kicillof said he was taken way out of context. Anyone had any luck verifying this one way or another?

Hey I know it is a hallowed BAExpats tradition to take a few random quotes without context and extrapolate them into ideological death matches, but might I ask in this case if anyone heard or saw a transcript of the original interview? I have been waterboarding the internet to find a transcript but zilch so far. The interview was with Telam which published an article with a bunch of quotes but not the full transcript, and Radio Mitre and its parent company Grupo Clarín published a gaggle of articles with just two or three short citations.

The day after, Kicillof said he was taken way out of context. Anyone had any luck verifying this one way or another?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEtzD9RFNy8 Around minute 36.

Right, but we are talking about Argentina. A country who is fighting the vulpure founds, founds who invest a lot of money to boycott it.
So, you can leave those rules for those countries.

Right now the goverment is leaving other candidates to get burned before the proper time and they wait and see without showing their cards.

If you can reply me what "la campora means", then we can have a serious debate.

Ah now I understand Bejos queen dodges yet another criminal bullet. No wonder the guy running the ministry has no idea.

http://panampost.com...rty-statistics/

Why am I not surprised.

Right! You realized that Sweden looks better than Argentina. You made me change my mind, you deserve your nickname.

Said that, and going back to reality, when I said that it was a good point that he admits ignorancy, it is because economist are so arrogant that they insist over and over on doctrines that has shown that destroys the economy. Read this:
http://internacional...693_607910.html

Do you really believe you can help somebody? Perhaps to an old lady to cross the street, i give you that.

excellent article!!

Are we talking about Jose or Maximos work relating to the next generation of corrupt cronies?

Sometimes (almost always) you are so stupid...
Campora was the candidate of Peron because Peron was forbidden. Campora won but he was a dentist, so he quit and there was a new election that Peron, of course, won.
If she named this political organization so long ago "La Campora", this was a clear mesagge of what she is going to do, and, of course, you do not see.

Back