Don't Trust Anyone, They Say

I've been applying for jobs (and becoming more desperate to land something) and today I felt like I was in the movie Casablanca. I got a response from someone I emailed about a job only to find out that it was a recruitment agency doing the posting and they wanted me to pay $90.00 USD for the chance to apply. LOL, I'm not that stupid.

I'm thinking of sending this video to them but I don't know if I'm that vindictive (yet). The best way to make money here seems to be screwing other Expats or Argies, though as I'm sure some of you guys who've been here longer will tell me that's the way Arge works with Argies/government doing it to other Argies whenever given the chance...

Anyways, advise to other newbies, courtesy of one of the best (if not the best) films of all time, Casablanca:

I beg of you Monsieur, watch yourself, be on guard! This place is full of vultures, vultures everywhere, everywhere!

While we are vouching for people, I vouch for GS_dirtboy........ He's a damm good pilot!
75808953-libya-jet.jpg

You should have posted my name. It doesn't bother me, I'm one of the most prolific posters on the board, have been a member for 3 years and know in real life quite a few other members. If you had posted my name, I'm sure there would have been plenty of people who would have vouched for me. If you remember, I've hosted gatherings with complete strangers off this board at my house several times. I think its quite a stretch to believe that I'm the type of person who would trash your house.

Since I'm outing myself, I guess I'll try to justify my actions here.

I'm sorry that I didn't make our 7o clock. I got held up in the train which was delayed leaving retiro and then inexplicably stopped in the middle of the route between stations and stayed there for a bit. I should have called but my I'm very hesitant to take out my phone (and especially so to use it to speak english) on the train when there are sketchy looking characters around. I got your text message asking if I was still coming at 7:23 last night, and within 10 minutes responded apologizing for my tardiness and asking you if 8:20 would too late for me to come by and see the silverware and if it were, could we arrange to meet up tomorrow (today).

I didn't get any reply from you so I just figured that I would call today and arrange a new time. I was utterly shocked to see this post and the conclusions that you jumped to without even calling me or replying to my text message. You seem very concerned that I know way too much about you. Let me put your mind at ease. Other than what you've posted on the board, I know your phone number (and that you use personal) and the street you live on and the closest cross street, I don't have your exact address because I wrote it on my starbuck receipt which I threw away when emptying my pockets last night, I'm not even sure I know your real name. I don't know if something has happened to you in the past to make you so scared; if it has I'm truly sorry that I made you relive that experience. I just wish that you had made a bit more of an effort to communicate with me before making this post.

There are no hard feelings from me. If you have had your doubts assuaged I hope that you'll consider deleting this post. If you still feel that I'm probably a creep and would like to leave this warning up, thats ok too.

P.S. No idea if you're still interested in selling to me, but if you are, I'm still interested in the silverware.
Manners, honesty and decency alive and well in the world in 2013 PhilipDT. If everyone had your honed communication skills the world would be a better place.

People always warn me not to trust any Argentines. I'd say don't trust any expats you don't know.

In my 6 yrs in BA, I have always had issues and problems with fellow expats rather than any Argentine. Be v v careful of the expats in BA. Some of them are losers, runaways, criminals from their home countries and hiding here.

What a misunderstanding... :D

I dare say that you may be leaving BA just in time! This place makes us all a little neurotic!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I dare say that you may be leaving BA just in time! This place makes us all a little neurotic! [/background]

I guess I have no room to talk!

BTW, [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]PhilipDT [/background]who had outed himself just came over and we "kissed and made up", well so to speak.... :)

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]In my 6 yrs in BA, I have always had issues and problems with fellow expats rather than any Argentine.[/background]

....except for your Argentine woman neighbors from upstairs who vacuum at 3 am and hate you for using the gym? ;-)

Well, I'm an argie.
This turned needlessly into a distrust the argies thread since the very begining so I'll simply add this:

Start none, there will be none. Play stupid games, win stupid prices.

Mariposa might have made -in her own eyes- a mistake by putting her stuff for sale. She took her chances, there's risk involved.
Besides being currently arguing about how much the indigenous population can be trusted, she could have had an unpleasant surprise with any of those who contacted and visited her place instead of the one that didn't show up.
Her fears, her projection. Isn't it kind of late to make these silly assumptions.

I'm glad nothing bad happened and that all is well, but please think twice before posting this nonsense. Act more maturely and take responsibility.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]This turned needlessly into a distrust the argies thread since the very begining so I'll simply add this:[/background]

huh?? If anything, I said the opposite!

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Mariposa might have made -in her own eyes- a mistake by putting her stuff for sale. [/background]

huh? Not at all!

Besides being currently arguing about how much the indigenous population can be trusted,
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I[/background] NEVER argued this, if I argued anything at all, it was the opposite!

Besides being currently arguing about how much the indigenous population can be trusted,
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] [/background]huh?

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I[/background]
'm glad nothing bad happened and that all is well, but please think twice before posting this nonsense
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] [/background]huh????

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Act more maturely and take responsibility.[/background]
huh?????what??

what???????? i',m lost........anybody help me out here????

Back