Door To Door Service Experiences?

I made a contribution to YES! magazine which I read online. They offered a DVD of Michael Moore's film "Where To Invade Next" and I accepted it, not giving a thought to the delivery problems and expense I would face. They mailed the DVD to me on Feb 6. The value is $8usd.

I made the trip this morning to Aduanas at Retiro. Without a local bank account, there is no way I could pay the 100 peso fee for delivery. I picked up the telegram at the post office on March 3 and had until March 26 to pay the fee.

I arrived around 10:15 and walked out with the DVD in hand at 1:45. Friends and family know not to send me anything. I doubt I would waste my time going there again. The waiting room was always filled with people, standing around for hours. Four hours is the usual waiting time.

I happened to see a neighbor, who lives across the street, dealing with this ridiculous situation himself. A family member in Spain sends him packages, and he ends up paying 50% of the value to receive them. We passed the time talking about the system and how no other country in the world charges for package delivery, especially not for gifts. He considers this duty charge unconstitutional.

Avoid the headache and don't order anything shipped to yourself in Argentina.

You could have watched 'Where to Invade Next' on Netflix and saved yourself three and half hours of your life you'll never get back again.
Experiences like that are soul destroying and best avoided.

Back