Drinking Tap Water

I'm drinking only bottled water, because of the taste, but more importantly because I see how they are handling water in the building. Although it's new building, access to the tanks and pumps is unrestricted, anyone can open it and sometimes it is open...

Otherwise the water is good, I just can't force myself to trust amateurs in the building...

I would recommend to boil the tap water. The water tanks are usually located on the roofs of the buildings and don´t undergo the regular maintenance. There is a great chance that the tap water might have a coliform bacteria. The chlorine kills the coli (and that is another reason why the water here is heavily chlorinated), but I wouldn't solely rely on it.

Wow, great post Bajo_cero2. Thank you very much. I was wondering where the water comes from. Is it recycled city waste water? I know that in California this is what is coming out of taps. I called the water department and they confirmed it. So it makes me a little queezey to think of it's origins but I'd bet that bottle water is probably from tap also. Very hard to find natural spring water in a bottle.

No, while california us dry, here we have too much water.
There are different water treatment plants, you can see them at the website of Aysa. Some are better than others.
If the water comes from the river, the No3 is low (stool) while if it comes from underground water, then it is too high for babies. You have to find out where your water comes from.

Wow, great post Bajo_cero2. Thank you very much. I was wondering where the water comes from. Is it recycled city waste water? I know that in California this is what is coming out of taps. I called the water department and they confirmed it. So it makes me a little queezey to think of it's origins but I'd bet that bottle water is probably from tap also. Very hard to find natural spring water in a bottle.

Depends entirely on where you live in California.

all water in CABA comes from Rio de la Plata. In provinces, it depends on the location. Close to the river - from surface water, inland - municipal water supply wells. If the water network is not provided, private wells are used.

Some other poster posted this video a while ago. Worth a repost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crZ489mg8zY

I would recommend to boil the tap water. The water tanks are usually located on the roofs of the buildings and don´t undergo the regular maintenance. There is a great chance that the tap water might have a coliform bacteria. The chlorine kills the coli (and that is another reason why the water here is heavily chlorinated), but I wouldn't solely rely on it.

Does the water still smell like chlorine when it comes out of the tap? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about bacteria.

Back