drinks?

Hello...so is anything being arranged for a meet up? I must admit us "younguns" are not the greatest at the organizing of events! And I am including myself in that!

Hi all,

I'm 25 guy from London, and I moved over here with work in February. I'm also keen to meet up with a few people closer to my own age. I'm going to stick my neck out and say I'm going to check out El Carnal, Niceto Vega 5511 next Friday from around 21:00. I've not been, but had a few recommendations. I'll be on my own so anyone is welcome.

See you then

Ok, I'm ressurecting this thread because I have an idea. There is a nice, big bar/restaurant near my apartment on Corrientes Ave in Almagro. It's called Bataclana and advertises karaoke on Thursday nights. I've been there (not on a karaoke night) and the place is nice, pretty affordable and fun. I think there's a 2X1 happy hour during the week as well. So, I propose that we get a group together to go next week (04/13). We could meet maybe an hour before karaoke starts so anyone who doesn't want to partake (or watch) can still have some social time. Anyone interested? Tomorrow night I'll scope it out and see what the onda is.

I'm in Katie! You mean 05/13 I assume (this Thursday?). Let me know!

I'm keen, if it is this Thursday - what time are people getting there?

Well, I'm not an expat but I'd like to join you guys if its ok.
On thursday I have class till 10 but if you are meeting earlier, I guess I could work something out. Hehe

G night!
Pablo.

I'm glad people are interested! Thanks lilah for pointing the responses out to me.

So I checked out Bataclana and talked to a bartender about tomorrow night. The karaoke starts at 9.30pm and they have specials for beer, pizza and empanadas all night. She wasn't sure if they were going to do a 2x1 tomorrow; sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Anyway, I propose that we meet tomorrow (05/14) at 8 o'clock. That way we'll have time before the karaoke starts. The bar is at Corrientes 3500 (corner of Bustamante) It's a big place and you can't miss it. Please let me know by tomorrow if you plan on coming. I might just make a reservation for 5 or 6 just to be sure. You can email me at [email protected] if you prefer.

I really hope people come! If not I will be muy triste...

Don't mind me...just bumping this thread up ;). Thanks to everyone who got back to me already- see you tomorrow!

peeps - owing to a puerto cerrado committment I will be missing tomorrow's party! :(

Please keep me posted if any one is planning anything for the weekend....
(am new in BA - here for a couple of months from London... trying to get a bit Argentinised (aim to learn castellano & the Tango.. we'll see where all that nets out :))

look fwd to the next one
Ruchira

Back