driving licence

HowardinBA

Registered
I had a shock today.I went for a first time class in Nordelta in a stunning barrio cerrado,the gatemen wouldn,t let me drive through as I didn,t have an Argentine driving licence!!!I have my International licence and explained it to them.My student came and picked me up at the gate and I left my car outside(very secure area).Tomorrow we have another class and the guardia arranged to give me a "code" to drive in legally..ffs!!!ever had that happen to you?

Can´t believe it. It was probably the first international driving license the security man saw in his life, but still... if you were a terrorist or a thief you wouldn´t be showing an ID so easy to remember! Or maybe he thought it was a fake license.. I don`t know.

Delfina said:
Can´t believe it. It was probably the first international driving license the security man saw in his life, but still... if you were a terrorist or a thief you wouldn´t be showing an ID so easy to remember! Or maybe he thought it was a fake license.. I don`t know.
I showed them my ID but nope!!:confused:

Offtopic:

Is it ok to write license? or the only correct way is licence? :confused:

Delfina said:
Offtopic:

Is it ok to write license? or the only correct way is licence? :confused:
either way Delfina.License is a variant of licence.the latter being more British:rolleyes:

so I went again today,they took my foto and gave me a code number to enter and leave the Barrio...and they even said "thankyou" as I left!!!

Back