Driving License In Ba

si Phillip DT

Anyone here could change the keyboard to International... :D or use the folowing key combination, must hold down Alt key( right side) and enter 164 or 165. Do not press the plus sign jajjajaajja. (I did)

Alt+164 = n
Alt+165 = N

See article in link for step by step procedure

http://hipermegared....estados-unidos/

Fo accents in the international keyboard.
ALT + N[font=Segoe UI'] = Ñ[/font]
ALT + A[font=Segoe UI'] = Á[/font]
ALT + E[font=Segoe UI'] = É[/font]
ALT + I[font=Segoe UI'] = Í[/font]
ALT + O[font=Segoe UI'] = Ó[/font]
ALT + U[font=Segoe UI'] = Ú[/font]
ALT + /[font=Segoe UI'] = ¿[/font]
ALT +[font=Segoe UI'] = ¡[/font]

jajajaj above was incomplete.

Alt+164 = ñ
Alt+165 = Ñ

Ah BAExpats....

You click on a forum to see how to get driver's license in Buenos Aires and you learn more about how to put a tilda on your n's than you do about how to get a driver's license. Lol.

Ah BAExpats....

You click on a forum to see how to get driver's license in Buenos Aires and you learn more about how to put a tilda on your n's than you do about how to get a driver's license. Lol.

It's really a good thing to know if you're writing how old you are (how many years you have) and don't want to look like an asshole. :p

Hmmmm,
Tried the method on my LapTop, it doesn't work! Hitted Left Alt+N but doesn't give me the ~ on top of the N..?
I have the Sony Vaio Laptop procured in CA,USoA..Is this Computer non comaptible?
What Am I doing wrong.? While in Driver License topic in BsAs expat forum, could learn more that I asked for!

Some way to avoid the written tests?

Is driving license from other Mercosur countries similar to having a license from Argentina?

Some way to avoid the written tests?

Yes, you could apply for a license in the provincia Buenos Aires at a location where they do not require written tests if you have a valid foreign license. You might also need a certificado de domicilio issued by the registro in the provincia...and not by the federal police in ciudad Buenos Aires. The registro will ask for some proof of address such as a light, phone, or gas bill in your name. A lease or a declaration civil by a property owner might suffice. The latter worked for me in Punta Alta before I had any utilities in my name or the escritura had taken place.

Is driving license from other Mercosur countries similar to having a license from Argentina?

Even if you could get a driver's license in another Mercosur country, by law you would still need an Argentine license to drive in Argentina after your 90 day visa expires. If and when you are stopped you will always be asked for your document as well as proof of insurance and a driver's license. If you show them a foreign passport and a license from a different country from your passport you will be asked more questions. As long as you have a valid foreign license it is highly unlikely you will have a problem driving in Argentina, even if you have an expired 90 day visa. Just make sure the insurance covers you and, if you are driving someone else's car, that you have the proper permit.

It might also be a good idea to make a color copy of the photo page of your passport and have it laminated in plastic. Don't leave the back blank...use the next most important page of your passport and have the two laminated back to back. Present this before you show your passport if your visa has expired. Also make one or two of these to carry in the street instead of your real passport.

Thank you, Steve , good answer

How to make "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]declaration civil by a property owner might suffice." in Lanus? I might know someone there.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Will it work, really? No need of Spanish written test?[/background]

Hmmmm,
Tried the method on my LapTop, it doesn't work! Hitted Left Alt+N but doesn't give me the ~ on top of the N..?
I have the Sony Vaio Laptop procured in CA,USoA..Is this Computer non comaptible?
What Am I doing wrong.? While in Driver License topic in BsAs expat forum, could learn more that I asked for!

Should load the US-international layout for the keyboard. No need to switch to Argentina or Spanish locale.

I use the US international layout and it works great for my english and spanish needs.

But please, if you can't get the tilde, just write espanol; every single person on here will know you meant español and its infinitely preferable to writing espanyol.

Thank you, Steve , good answer

How to make "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]declaration civil by a property owner might suffice." in Lanus? I might know someone there.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Will it work, really? No need of Spanish written test?[/background]

I just remembered exactly how I got my license in the provinca...without taking a written test.

First, I got the civil declaration (certified in the office of the minucipalidad) from the owner of the house I was living in and then I used it to have my address changed in my DNI at the registro civil in Punta Alta. I did not need a cetificado de domicilio to get my driver's license (I needed one of those when I applied for citizenship in Bahia Blanca).

You will still need an Argentine DNI and you will need to have the address changed to the residence in Lanus before you apply for the Argentine driver's license. You should check with the driver's license folks first to see if a written test is not required if you have a valid foreign license. It obviously varies from one jurisdiction to another. I suggest you ask if they also require a certificado domicilio.

Back