Driving

I'm 5'10" so I rent the cheapest, least fuel using car available. Works good for me.

T/

Thank you Rich and Tom for the helpful advise! Very much appreciated. Do you have any advise about what brand of car to rent for a tall driver? For a 6 5" tall guy the cars I saw online look really tiny!

A van,;) cars are not designed for basketball players...

When I wrote "That certainly won't be a first, will it?" I was thinking of the post you made in reply to a post to "avoid expat realtors" with the reply: "I speak with experience (BAD EXPERIENCE) avoid a certain expat realtor." without providing any details about your experience, let alone guaranteeing any accuracy.

Last edited:
L&P_Crear. I can tell you my opinion and experience but can't guarantee any accuracy :=)

!st, I agree with Rich. I always rent from one of the majors not that it probably matters that much. I usually wind up with Avis or Europcar. I always rent using my Am Ex card and waive CDW so between my US insurance and Am Ex I think I'm covered. It is expensive, from $40 to $50US per day to rent an economy or mini car in Argentina, usually through Kayak.com who sends me to Rentalcars.com or HolidayAutos.com. There are very few automatic cars available in Argentina and you will probably pay a lot for that. I almost always get unlimited milage. They do block a large amount of money on your credit card when you rent. I've always received it back when I return the car in good condition. I've never had an accident with a rental car so an't speak to that.

T/

I use American Express Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance Program. For $24.95 per year I get up to 42 days of coverage on rental cars (I must use my Amex Card for the rentals).
http://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/card-benefits/car-rental-insurance/faq.html

But it doesn't cover Liability. I need to buy that from the car rental company.

When I wrote "That certainly won't be a first, will it?" I was thinking of the post you made in reply to a post to "avoid expat realtors" with the reply: "I speak with experience (BAD EXPERIENCE) avoid a certain expat realtor." without providing any details about your experience, let alone guaranteeing any accuracy.

To be fair, he's not the only one.

Back