Dry Law in half of the country

Tyrants mouths are watering at this great opportunity to walk all over individual liberties and constitutional rights
Remember kids, those who trade their liberties for an apparent security, deserve neither, also i know how to run a still .lol

This has gone to far the restriction of basic goods under the guise of protecting us from corona virus . How is closing down the asiles of supermarkets that sell alchohol ,clothing , electronics, haircare and beauty products , stopping the spread of coronavirus .Meanwhile they let hundreds of thousands of pensioners line up to for many hours to recieve their pensions exposing them to foot traffic and multiple germs from the only one cajero automatico .
In the town I live in its impossible to buy anything now as there are limits on everything and only allow purchases 3 days a week . The lines for supermarkets are minimum 90 minutes leaving the only options very expensive small grocers and butchers . Prices have gone up close to 30 percent in the last weeks and I have noticed that the shops are running out of goods .

All without much proof that these additional measures increase the effectiveness of slowing the spread, or any sort of plan to link restrictions to medical capacity, or any regime for widespread testing (which would cost less than what they're doing to the economy now).

The most effective countries - Taiwan and South Korea - didn't do lockdowns like California and Argentina are doing.

If you move far enough along the political spectrum, left or right, neither wants you to be free. CFK's politics have designs on some failry far left policies. Like the far right, the far left craves control. COVID-19 may have opened a door that many politicians in this country are now dancing through. I don't doubt the same would happen with a far right-leaning government, it just happens to be Argentina has one leaning far left.

All without much proof that these additional measures increase the effectiveness of slowing the spread, or any sort of plan to link restrictions to medical capacity, or any regime for widespread testing (which would cost less than what they're doing to the economy now).

The most effective countries - Taiwan and South Korea - didn't do lockdowns like California and Argentina are doing.

Peru which has the most strictest quarantine of Latin America has over 10000 cases now . Closing down the economy for three months as some are suggesting here will have effects for 10 years on everyone and will kill 10 times as many people due to suicide, malnutrition , health effects caused by no jobs and no hope . How can these people recover their jobs in the future ? how can the state support these people ? they made a 10000 pesos one off payment I doubt if they will be paying this every month .

If I read this right liquor sales are normal in Buenos Aires. Also, no shortages of anything and fairly short lines at the supermarkets. The longest lines I've seen are at Farmacity and I don't know why as there are no lines at your local drug store.

T/

If you want to see politicians here squirm if they try to prohibit sales of wine, beer or other spirits, imagine what would happen if they outlawed sales of cigarettes!

All things being equal, I think tobacco is more addictive than alcohol based upon my observation of people trying to quit either.

BUT - Alcohol definitely is the leader in the destruction of people / relationships!

Back