Dude, Where's My Car?!

LOL ok since you all doubt my driving abilities and good common sense I will EXPLAIIIIINNNNN.....
yes I had had some wine with dinner. but I was not piss drunk!! I had just come from a late dinner in Almagro and had to drop a friend in Vicente Lopez. It felt like we hit literally every red light on the way home, it took twice as long as usual, and was after 12:30AM. I really think I was just incredibly *tired* after a late dinner and a long drive. I never said I forgot where I parked the car. They JUST changed the no-parking rules on my street because of Cabildo, so I'm trying to get used to not being able to park on the side of the street I've been parking on for the last 8 months. I was going around and around, and when I finally saw a spot, I went for it, not thinking about the side, and then decided to back all the way up to the car behind me, which I neglected to see what a garage. Exhausted and eager to see my sweetie, I ran inside without a second look at my terrible choice of place.

But besides all that, the plot thickens. And here is where I hope I can help anyone who may be in this situation in the future. Yesterday I went to ask the neighbors, they were all quite rude ("Yes I saw the guy with the cochera talking to the police yesterday morning, but that's all I know! I didn't do anything!") and then luckily, the guy with the cochera arrives home. He was strangely apologetic, saying that because I blocked him in, he couldn't get to work, but that he was really sorry for the inconvenience. He said he had talked to some of these TRANSITO police that are giving the parking tickets trying to get it across to people about the recent change. And that they took the car downtown or something, to the municipalidad. Sarmiento and something...

We still can't find any info online about where it might be. Now we're hearing of a playa de infractores located in AVENIDA Sarmiento and the Costanera. We can't find ANY concrete info online about this place, and no one from the city, metro police or the official gruas that we already tried know what to tell us.

I checked the consulta de infracciones section of the city website and it's here:
Fecha: 11/08/2014 08:52 Descripción: T: Acta de Transito - Resolver en la UACF Nro. 61 en UACF - Carlos Pellegrini 211 - 1er. piso de 13:40 hs. a 20:00 hs. Puntos: 0 puntos descontados Infracción #6900 - Estac. lugar prohib./forma indebida/antirreglamentaria en ......................
so I guess I'll have to go to downtown as well. But still, where is the car? and how can they just take a car and then take it to a place that no one really knows about...

i think it was taken to...
bvnrn.jpg

hardy har har. car has been found. must first pay multas downtown at Dirección General de Administración de Infracciones
Carlos Pellegrini 211. then take proof to this weird mystery grua parking lot at Av. Sarmiento and Rafael Obligado Costanera Norte. Then take proof to police station that car has been located and not stolen. Then go back to retrieve car. FUN TIMES WILL BE HAD BY ALL!!!

Congratulations on locating your car... the odyssey is not over yet, but there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel!

I suspect you will never park in front of a garage again. ;) lol

LOL ok since you all doubt my driving abilities and good common sense I will EXPLAIIIIINNNNN.....
yes I had had some wine with dinner. but I was not piss drunk!! I had just come from a late dinner, and was after 12:30AM. I really think I was just incredibly *tired*

Thats what they all say.... :p

Glad you found the car, lesson learned I guess. Good thing it wasn't stolen.

Thats what they all say.... :p

Glad you found the car, lesson learned I guess. Good thing it wasn't stolen.

Yeah at least I got to discover this new grua place that no public official seems to be aware of... it would have been pretty strange for someone to steal the car on the same day that I accidentally blocked a garage door.

Back