Duty Free - Alcohol & Perfumes

Davidoff

Registered
OK so the time has come and after just over 6 weeks in Buenos Aires, it will be time to say goodbye for the time being....so that I get to enjoy a Colombian Christmas on my travels across South America.

I have a question for you all though, as I plan to buy the Colombian family I am staying with several present for Navidad.
Am I better purchasing alcohol and perfumes before arriving at the airport? Or should I purchase these at Ezeiza? The reason that I ask is I have heard Duty Free at the airports is actually a little more expensive than purchasing elsewhere. Can anyone verify this?

Also, what are the restrictions (if any) on liquids in my hold luggage? Thanks!!!

Spirits are definitely cheaper in Ezeiza than if you buy locally. Wine varies quite a bit although there is a good selection at the airport

La jefa also informs me that Perfumes and fragrances are also cheaper than if bought locally.

I think the plus of duty free ..is that you find certain brands or things that you will not be able to find anymore in BA... but the prices are not good....

but you see things like KitKat candy or something that you dont find in the stores....

I would wait and buy the perfumes and gifts in Colombia.. then you dont worry about breakage or something leaking and they will be cheaper there.....

I am not sure about the malbec selection there......if that is what you meant with the alcohol.... but... I would just wait and buy stuff there unless there is something amazing they asked you for

I would throw a box of havanna alfajores in your bag for the hell of it....and leave.....make your life easy

I found prices really high in EZE especially for perfumes, no savings to be found.

Perfume prices in duty free shops world wide are more or less the same as domestic market USA but they are still better than domestic market Argentina

Back