Education Or Homeschool Laws Of Expats While In Argentina

jbhenson

Registered
Hello I am curious if someone can point me to the laws so that I might read them. I am and will get my child the best education possible and at one point my child may be home schooled.

But my questions is for now, we enrolled our child in a public school, but due to an incident at that school which scared us immensely we pulled him from the school when he said something 4 days ago. We immediately enrolled him in a very nice private school.

When my wife asked the other school for his "folder": containing all of his records, shots, medical records, school records, the old school refused to give it to us saying we must give them the name of the school we are taking him to and then they will give it to his new school.

Does anyone know the laws concerning education of children or where I can find them?

I wish to review them and can find little on the US embassies site, or little concerning US citizens while living in Argentina.

Why so secretive about what happened? Can you describe the overall experience at the public school and compare it to the private one? Why don't you want to simply give the school administrator the name of the new school?

Secretive, its not really the rest of the worlds business, and I want to protect my child from the evil in this world and let him enjoy being a kid as long as he can.

The public schools don't care if children learn, and they don't watch the security of the children as much as they should. Recent events at another public school which involved another expat, showed many vulnerabilities in public school systems here. For expats whose children speak English and not Spanish natively, its very dangerous for them.

Because by giving them any information, IF they are corrupt they can pass that info along to others. When you are trying to protect your family, you wouldn't want to divulge any info either now would you. Especially when it can be used against you by some of the evil people in this world.

Your not stupid, you figure it out! Think about it.

I'm not sure what the laws are but quite honestly if they really want to find out where you decided to enroll them they can. The truth and fact of the matter is that Argentina is a truly corrupt country. Fortunately it's relatively safe for the vast majority of expats that live there but if someone shady wanted to do something they can easily do it without much recourse. One of the facts you face living in Argentina.

It's the major reason once I had kids I decided to move out of Argentina and raise them in the USA. I'll always love Argentina but I lived there long enough to know the judicial system doesn't work there and there is very little recourse. Just a very corrupt place.

I'm surprised that if your top concern is quality education for your kids you put them in public school. With the exception of a very few public schools, most are not up to the standards of the large majority expats and that is extremely common knowledge. There are certainly not a lot of public school educated kids that will make it into an American university without an American parent there guiding them and filling in the gaps. Public education at the secondary level in the good schools is also very political, it prepares the kids for the rigors of the UBA system but it won't necessarily set them up for transfer into the American college or university system. And those very good public schools come with the unfortunate trade off of strikes (and your thirteen year old ending up in night classes in el centro...)

As far as the records transfer, that doesn't surprise me at all unfortunately. Why don't you contact the Ministry of Education? They may be able to do a direct transfer of the school records, but the vaccine records and medical records you usually have to provide new copies at the new school. With no details of the incident it is hard to advise how strongly you should go after the school for the records. But usually the best method here is just to wear them down with in person visits to the admin offices until they finally get sick of you and hand them over.

Back