Electricity increases 400%?

sergio

Registered
It's my understanding that electricity rates have increased something like 400% Could someone confirm this and give me a link to a newspaper article on this (assuming it is correct)? Also have other utilities increased?

nikad, the increase was approved in 2008, I was told. Do you know if they (utilities company) will charge us back of what the difference is of those bills we already paid in 2008 til now?

Grazie said:
nikad, the increase was approved in 2008, I was told. Do you know if they (utilities company) will charge us back of what the difference is of those bills we already paid in 2008 til now?
Grazie, it is my understanding that the increase is not retroactive ( the few people I know that already got their bill saw an increase for the current period ) I hope Consumer´s Defense associations do something about this: I am not paying the electricity increase under protest and certainly will not pay this one either unless they are legal ( both increases were imposed by the government and not approved by the Congress and that is illegal! )

Can you do that? Not pay your electric and gas bill? Won't they cut your services? I am expecting the bills to come in a couple of days and I am not sure what to do - that is why I am asking. A friend left some money hoping her bills will be paid (sorta like last month's cost) but clearly it will be up. Wow, it is never boring here I can give you that. So we are all waiting for Congress to approve this price hike first, right? Before we pay it? Thanks again.

Grazie, what consumer´s Defense said one could do, it to pay the bills at the previous rate, that way the cannot cut the service. Then you have to wait and see what the Justice says ( as there are several actions already ), if they say it is legitimate, then you would have to pay the unpaid portion. I for one, will not give them my money ahead, if the raise is not even legal ;)

We just received our electric and it was about the same as the last one...was very thankful for sure!! Now the gas bill is another story!! I was told the new rates were to come out after the elections...the Presidenta told them to hold them until that time period...didn't want any would be votes to change against her party with anger over the increase...guess it didn't matter.

I am assuming ours is the new charge increase...if not we will find out in 2 months!

Hello

I received the bill gas and I was paying around 80 or 90 pesos this last one came for 240 pesos and if I compare with last year consumption in the same month last year (having gas heating) is the same kwh but the bill came up quite a big deal.
If you don`t pay the gas company cuts off the service for sure.

Back