Electronics, Furniture, Oh my!

Ashley said:
I'll second that...Electronics here are prohibitively expensive.

it is depending of your need. If you need every time the newest one sure it is. But if you will be happy with older model you can find it for same price here in ARG too (but you should speak well Spanish that you will not be cashed up as a "gringo").

Ashley said:
Also, I have no idea what shipping costs are, but good furniture is also difficult to find/expensive here.

Shipping costs doesn't matter. Problem is the whole "Aduana" stuff here in ARG. But it is not right that you can't find good furniture for well and cheap prices. But as I told before - well speaking "Spanish" should be your choose.

I have friends who bought their big TV in US, they shipped it and paid the taxes (about 60%)
It was a lot of fuss, but it is still cheaper then buying it here, they said...

The Argentines I know buy their PS and Xbox (and everything that fits into their suitcase) in the US.

I have an iphone, yes you must be careful when using it. I ususally walk around with headphones on so I hardly ever take it out on the streets. (if it is in your bag you don't hear it ringing anyway, due to the street noise).

My iphone works perfectly, but it looks like many expats have problems getting the right plan to do so. (you need DNI or someone who has DNI). there are several threads here about this topic.

katti said:
.... but it looks like many expats have problems getting the right plan to do so. ....

++++++++++++++++++++++ you are RIGHT ... I never seen so much foreigner people on the world as here in Argentina without having any idea/plan :D:D:D:D But I guess the biggest problem of all is that many expats will life between expats and will be cashed for it.

Back