Empty Bars And Restaurants

El Cipayo

Registered
I would like to have some thought from long term expats or locals but I have noticed that most bars/restaurants/clubs and shoppings have been empty, atleast way more empty then they were 1 or 2 years ago.

I havent seen any figures really but my guess is the consumer is spending way less then they were 2 years ago or even a year ago. This might also be related to less expats and tourist

Argentines do travel more abroad and spend more abroad so I am guessing that many of the people that stopped spending in Argentina just spend there peso abroad now

Agreed. Supermarkets too. I was surprised how empty calle Florida was when I was down there a couple of weeks ago.

When I was town from November to mid-December, I was much choosier about when and where to eat out.

I think it has to more with the fact that no one has any many to spend. Everyone seems to be saving every peso they have to buy dollars.

I would like to have some thought from long term expats or locals but I have noticed that most bars/restaurants/clubs and shoppings have been empty, atleast way more empty then they were 1 or 2 years ago.

I havent seen any figures really but my guess is the consumer is spending way less then they were 2 years ago or even a year ago. This might also be related to less expats and tourist

Argentines do travel more abroad and spend more abroad so I am guessing that many of the people that stopped spending in Argentina just spend there peso abroad now

Just by reading your nickname I can tell that you are here just for trolling. I wonder if you are from mercopress....

I've noticed no difference at all and see your post as utterly meaningless.

I've noticed a difference. It is expensive to go out if you earn pesos. With my local friends here we used to go out to eat once in a while — now it's always lunch or dinner gatherings at home pretty much all the time. But they are making investments to buy land, property or construction materials to improve their homes.

Back