End Of The Year Dinner 8:30Pm Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well again I'm sorry if anyone was offended however I'll still plan on this place so hope to hear from more people, more the merrier! And there is also coffee chat this week as well so hopefully one of the locations or times suites people and their schedule but let me know if you have anymore questions or concerns. :)

I propose dinner at this Perón, Perón place for all of the grown-ups, and another dinner at McDonald's, the be-all and end-all neoliberal establishment for the politically sensitive who need to roll around in a ball pit after a Big Mac.

Politically correctness is not only appropriate when in someone's home country, it should be even more in site in a place where someone is not from. Being in a country that is not his or her own is a true privilege.

Well again I'm sorry if anyone was offended however I'll still plan on this place so hope to hear from more people, more the merrier! And there is also coffee chat this week as well so hopefully one of the locations or times suites people and their schedule but let me know if you have anymore questions or concerns. :)

no need to apologize! you have been very kind:))

I dont think is offensive,at alla,and I´m far from being a peronist.
By the way,a little tip,in the same street,there is a great meat place,very local,not elegant at all,called el 22

This place is great because they keep the prices the same as when Cristina assumed the presidency to prove that inflation is nothing more than a neo-Liberal smear campaign.

You can get a Bife de Chorizo for 20 pesos!

Politically correctness is not only appropriate when in someone's home country, it should be even more in site in a place where someone is not from. Being in a country that is not his or her own is a true privilege.

Interesting point, but it has nothing to do with my comment. I was talking about tolerance, not correctness.

Apologies in advance if this is an ignorant question, but are people opposed to this restaurant because it somehow stands for peronist political values due to its name? Or just uncomfortable with giving business to an owner who is a Peronist?

I do realize the contreversial nature of peronism as it stands here with regards to Cristina, but just trying to understand why a restaurant named after the former president has some people calling for a 'neutral' venue.

Apologies in advance if this is an ignorant question, but are people opposed to this restaurant because it somehow stands for peronist political values due to its name? Or just uncomfortable with giving business to an owner who is a Peronist?

I do realize the contreversial nature of peronism as it stands here with regards to Cristina, but just trying to understand why a restaurant named after the former president has some people calling for a 'neutral' venue.

Not all Argentines are fans of the original Peron either, in fact a lot consider him the original estafador that ruined the country. If I was congregating a meeting of people from various backgrounds I wouldn't choose a place associated with any particular political stance personally. The restaurant isn't just named after Peron, it's a shrine to peronismo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back