End Of The Year Dinner 8:30Pm Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to dinner with people from "various backgrounds," a restaurant owned and operated by Peronists (or any group of people who think differently from you) probably should be the least of your concerns, no? What if you end up eating dinner with one!?

Having dinner with a Catholic and going to mass at their church are two quite separate things. Same thing applies here -- I'll talk with a peronist, but I don't need to do it in their "church"!

OMG change the location!! There are a zillion options of great places to meet up and eat...although what then would be the controversy to discuss here?!

Sorry to miss it. Promises to be lively.

First, let me wish everyone a Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas, and a Fantastic Festivus!

Secondly, I may be a little jaundiced in saying this but what really toasts me is that this is an EXPAT group, yet, while there are a really great handful of EXPAT joints for meetings, coffee chats, dinners, etc., events in general, the group seems to forget that perhaps what would make us and our voice in the community stronger is if we showed some support for OUR OWN!

Geeeeeeeeeeze! We have had great places like Kafka and (dare I say) Big Apple shut down in recent years and quite recently that were only supported by a handful of Ex-pats and were great places.

Maybe instead of debating Kirschnerism and Peronism and all that here, it would be a better idea to support our own community, which when I got hear 9 1/2 years ago was strongly, fraternal, and had a voice, even while drinking coffee!

There´s still some great ex-pat owned and managed places in town, that can handle groups and private events from coffees to full dinners, and all I see here are reccs for places that are NOT of our own.

<_< Think about it!

Think about it!

If that was the case than majority of the expats males wont be looking to date latinas and majority of the expat females wont be looking to date latinos.

Once here, many expats prefer to take the leap and go on the other side.

I support places that I like, unless the owner is a friend of mine I don't care where they come from (or for that matter which demagogue they use to brand their business).

Definitely I would happily support small business owners, of all nationalities, who provide a quality service or product.

Boy, a heated debate on a restaurant selection. DCexpatstudent, look at what you did :)
After all this, I can't give you a "A" on your report card :) You have to go back to DC with a A- on Sociology.

Hope every expat still has a pleasant year end dinner no matter which restaurant you guys end up picking, appreciates what a great life you have living in this nice city, together with all the other expats, an experience you can't forget. If you are not a fan of Juan Peron or CFK (probably very few of you are), eating at a certain restaurant won't change anything, you may find it funny or sarcastic you ate there when you look it back in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back