End Of The Year Dinner 8:30Pm Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am nor Peronist but have heard great things about that place, the food, etc. It is a themed restaurant and I really don't get the drama. DCexpatstudent organizes it, because nobody else did... and to jump on him like that, I think it is plain rude. Ia m sure a lot of anti Peron go to the place, just to laugh about certain things, dish names, etc. Then again to be able to do that, you have to know minimal Argentine history. To begin with, a Peronista place in Palermo jojo is already an oxymoron ;)

If not for the aforementioned law, imagine! you could be supporting the business of a Peronista restaurateur completely unaware!

The same should be done for gay bars/restaurants, places owned by the Chinese, the Koreans, etc. Just so you know. Not everyone wants to eat with a bunch of gay people or people who worship Mao or Kim Jong-Un.

It's not right or wrong. It's just discriminatory, which is fine because we're in Argentina and it's cool and stuff.

I remember once I rode in a taxi with an ardent Peronist. I kept my mouth shut and didn't really say anything ("uh-huh", "ah si?" "verdad") when he realized I was American (uh, USian) and talked about how great Peronismo was and how Nestor was doing a fine job, etc.

But I was never tempted to try to make sure that I never got into a Peronist cab again :D

It seems to me a little silly as well to worry so much about the theme of the restaurant. I wouldn't go to a K rally, a Peronista rally or a la Campora rally, but I doubt there's much fear of such breaking out in a restaurant (although I suppose I could be wrong).

I understand the sentiment quite well related to someone feeling a little strange going into a restaurant that is full of signs of things that one is completely the opposite in believing - but that pretty much describes me everyday, wherever I go :) Maybe I'm just more used to having to deal with such things. But living here - get used to the dichotomy and just don't make such a big deal out of it if it's something you can't change and you'll run into it when you least expect it anyway.

I want to meet the Pauper. When is a Pauper expat chat going to happen? I probably won't understand a word he says, but I'll get his autograph anyway.
Maybe on the cover of his all-time best single 'Fugazzeta Blues'.

Pauper?!

Reactions: Joe
I agree entirely. I have so many expat owned businesses in the area - the Bolivian verduleria across the road, the Chino on the corner, the Paraguayan remisero, the Peruvian chifa joint... the list goes on. Really, there is no excuse for giving your money to an Argentine owned business.

Especially if we talk about efficiency hands down they come out ahead.

I want to meet the Pauper. When is a Pauper expat chat going to happen? I probably won't understand a word he says, but I'll get his autograph anyway.
Maybe on the cover of his all-time best single 'Fugazzeta Blues'.

Pauper?!

Maybe we will see him friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back