End Of The Year Dinner 8:30Pm Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really felt bad about the dude having to shut down his restaurant not to long ago(expat owned)if i only lived closer to the city i'd have gone to endorse his business ,but now it's to late and somehow i felt a little guilty for his business failing , after all ,there is a ton of expats in BA. and would have been only natural for us to go there and have our meetings and reunions there....... So instead of considering going to a place that you know before hand you are not welcome.just because of your place of birth. i would look into endorsing expats owned business ...... even if they are..... British lol (just kidding) :)
I don't agree with this: This is a huge city with a huge expat population; I feel no particular obligation or even desire to go to places just because they are foreigners. I do, however, go to places run by foreigners if I like them, and I do think that several of them have better customer service. Places I like that are foreign-owned (or by Argie-expat couples) are places like NOLA or Chipper Fish and Chips - I go to both because they are awesome! But no, I don't patronize places just because they are foreign owned.

I don't agree with this: This is a huge city with a huge expat population; I feel no particular obligation or even desire to go to places just because they are foreigners. I do, however, go to places run by foreigners if I like them, and I do think that several of them have better customer service. Places I like that are foreign-owned (or by Argie-expat couples) are places like NOLA or Chipper Fish and Chips - I go to both because they are awesome! But no, I don't patronize places just because they are foreign owned.
And that's exactly what i meant!! now kindly decock it and holster it, i'm on your side :)

So just to confirm dinner is on dec 18 8:30 at Peron.

If so see everyone there :))

And that's exactly what i meant!! now kindly decock it and holster it, i'm on your side :)
Ah! I thought you meant the opposite, that you wanted to look into endorsing expat owned businesses, and that you felt guilty for not going to Big Apple? But cool beans, if we are on the same side!

Guys guys... you are missing the point,, i ain't going to a peronist restaurant or whatever the hell they are dishing out even if what they serve comes with a free bj ;) capish?
The fact tact the place is Peron themed, does not mean that it is a peronist place...!

btw, are you in Chivilcoy? Do you like it there? I happen to know a lot of people there :)

In casual conversation/meetings, you usually want to avoid anything divisive... especially politics. :p

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable in a politically charged environment no matter if I was in agreement or not - it's alienating. That said, the Peron idol is more cultural than political... like Evita (I once ordered a panqueque named after Evita and didn't feel the need to launch it across the room.) You probably walk down streets and pass monuments dedicated to people you don't like. The images of Cristina on the Facebook page is them pandering to the existing government, but I wouldn't read too much into it.... although now they have Fidel Castro there. :p Que se yo... maybe it's all tongue in cheek.

The host chooses where he wants to hold these things and those that are fine with it will go and those that aren't in agreement can pass and arrange their own meetup. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back