English breakfast

A Full Irish has, traditionally, Baconhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacon rashers, Sausages, Fried eggs, White Pudding, Black Pudding, Toast, sauteed sliced potato, fried tomato, and mushrooms.

This would be served with tea, and soda bread on the side.

Now, up in the North of the country, an Ulster Fry is similar to the full Irish, but would also include a soda farl and potato bread, and often even pancake as well. Beans are also often added to an Ulster Fry, but never to a full Irish (The beans are seen as an English thing!).....

Gawd I'm homesick now, and hungry for some reason :)

Scottish breakfast varies but revolves around salty porridge, smoked kippers and english breakfast trimmings (not on the same plate)

Liam3494 said:
A Full Irish has, traditionally, Bacon rashers, Sausages, Fried eggs, White Pudding, Black Pudding, Toast, sauteed sliced potato, fried tomato, and mushrooms.

This would be served with tea, and soda bread on the side.

Now, up in the North of the country, an Ulster Fry is similar to the full Irish, but would also include a soda farl and potato bread, and often even pancake as well. Beans are also often added to an Ulster Fry, but never to a full Irish (The beans are seen as an English thing!).....

Gawd I'm homesick now, and hungry for some reason :)

Let`s not forget that we Ulster folk also fry Christmas pudding as part of our Boxing Day Ulster fry..heart attack on a plate...how I miss it so...

Back