Entering and leaving argentina with different passports

How would Chile know he is a dual citizen? Even if they did, I don't think a third country can control which passport you use. In the worst case scenario, he ends up paying the fee. But I can't see any problem coming back to Argentina, as long as he leaves and enters with the same passport. That part is very important.

sgarlow said:
I'm trying to avoid the entry fee on US citizens when entering Chile (well actually it's my bf I'm asking about, I already paid it). He has an Israeli passport, which I think he can enter on without paying any fee.

I am amazed that you would go through all the trouble just to avoid paying the entry fee. It is reciprocal after all. I would advise your boyfriend to man up and pay it.

I wouldn't worry about it - have your BF enter in on his Israeli passport. To be safe, travel with the US one as well. I doubt it will be an issue and there is no reason to pay the fee if not necessary.

(Actually, you always should travel with both. My BF has 2 passports, one from Arg and another European. On occasion, when entering the US, they have asked to see his European passport as well as his Argentine which is what he enters on).

Rewording the scenario :-

If you exit Argentina on Argentine DNI and enter another Mercosur country ( lets call it "xyz" ) with xyz's DNI ( considering you have DNI/cedula both Argentina and "xyz").

My query is do immigration official of country "xyz" aware that you left Argentina on a different dni. Is such information shared between immigrations as millions cross borders on daily basis.

And when leaving xyz, can you leave on Argentine DNi? Considering no stamps involved here, is such information fed in the immigration computer as to what id one used when entering?

Bumping on old thread, I have been reading through but wanted to see if the info has changed at all?

1. I entered Argentina on my Australian passport.
2. Heading up to Iguazu for a few days so can I exit on the above passport but then enter Brazil on my UK passport?
3. Would I then be able to come back in on my Australian passport as have paid the fee for the year already.

Also how much is the fee to cross from Argentina to Brazil?

Cheers,
John

Bumping on old thread, I have been reading through but wanted to see if the info has changed at all?

2. Heading up to Iguazu for a few days so can I exit on the above passport but then enter Brazil on my UK passport?
3. Would I then be able to come back in on my Australian passport as have paid the fee for the year already.

Cheers,
John

Of course you can leave and reenter Argentina with you Australian passport.

The most important question to ask is if you need to apply for a visa in advance to enter Brazil.

Cheers,
John

Yes you can exit Argentina on your Aussie. Enter brazil on your UK (no visa needed).
Then you exit brazil on your UK and re enter Argentina on your Aussie again (assuming your reciprocity fee is still valid - even if it isn't you could just re enter Argentina on your UK, as no reciprocity fee is required for UK passport).

I did exactly this on the bus over to Iguazu

See, I want to do this with my passport and DNI.

I want to enter Paraguay, Brasil, Uruguay and Chile with my DNI and exit Arge with it too.
Issue being I like the stamps, so I don't know how to balance it lol

I wonder if I can get the stamps for fun or something like I asked for in other countries...

Chile doesn't charge US passport holders entrance visa fees when crossing by land, only by air do you have to pay... not sure about other passports.

Chile collects its retaliation fee only at SCL, but is due to join US Visa Waiver Program, so it should be gone soon.

I am amazed that you would go through all the trouble just to avoid paying the entry fee. It is reciprocal after all. I would advise your boyfriend to man up and pay it.

So one should simply donate 160 dollars to the Chilean (or Argentine) govt even if there is another option available?

Back