Entry fee?

Persyd

Registered
Dear Anyone,

I flew back into Argentina from Australia in April and had to pay the (approx/whatever) US$100 arrival fee at Ezeiza. Normal, no problem.

But I just flew back from Sao Paulo expecting to pay again, as an Australian entering Argentina (again).

My flight with LAN got changed to Jorge Newbury airport (not Ezeiza), and upon arrival I, along with my Canadian friends, weren't asked to pay.

Does someone know:

Should we have paid? Or is the fee/tax only applied when Aust/USA/Canada is the origin?
Is choosing to land at Jorge Newbury a way out of paying the fee (if one visits Brasil for example)?
Will they ask me to pay next time I fly?

Clarification of this issue may assist other expats.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know the answers to all those questions~ but I thought the entry fee was good for 10 years?

The fee is only collected at EZE. You can avoid the fee by arriving into ARG through any other entry point (land crossing or other airport). If you arrive at EZE and pay the fee, it is valid for 10 years. Thus you will not have to pay it again upon re-entry to ARG via EZE.

It is good for 10 years for American's($140) and Austrailain's($100) but is good only for one entry for Canadians($70) as the visa canada issues Argentines is also a single entry visa. And as stated above for right now it is only collected at EZE

Back